Account verification

alex092
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using my account for over a year, and now I have to fax over ss info and other documents? I don't pay any bills at my house so that's out of the question. I already sent over a copy of my photo id which has been accepted. Can't I just have my account back the way it was? I have a lot of people I need to pay online, this is ridiculous...

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

psyche2012
New Community Member

Have you heard anything about your concern yet?  This is my first time using paypal and I've been asked for a copy of my social security card, my bank routing number and account number, AND my bank login name and password!  I can't believe this could be legit. Have you been asked for any of this?

Login to Me Too

alex092
Contributor
Contributor

I've heard nothing and I'm starting to get **bleep** off... I have a lot of things to do online and can't get through to anybody. They have also asked me for my ss info which is downright ridiculous. I def would not give anybody my ss info let alone your bank passwords and routing info? Who  do they think they are?

Login to Me Too

KatyMom
Contributor
Contributor

While I understand safety concerns, I think PP asks for WAY too much very personal information as well. 
My account is verified, but when I tried to make a change to my mailing address, you'd think I asked for
a personal tour of Fort Knox.  

It took me a full YEAR to get my home mailing address listed as "verified" with them. This was after I had sent the info requested to them (but NOT my SSN) -
They do have an alternate way that they will send something to your home address, and you do something from there ("something" because I can't remember what I had to do). It was a long, arduous process that took unnecessarily long.
I had had a verified account for many years, had lived at the same place for a long time, and they had sent out my debit cards to that very address, yet never changed my status.

It's a long, hard road with electronic financial services sometimes.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the Community! 🙂

I understand your concerns about keeping your information secure. This post by Andy will help shed some light on the reasons why this information is requested.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

alex092
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the Community! 🙂

I understand your concerns about keeping your information secure. This post by Andy will help shed some light on the reasons why this information is requested.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

I understnad why it's needed, but I've done more than enough to confirm who I am. Is there anything else I can do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi alex092,

Typically, additional information is required if we are unable to get a match through our verification tools using the existing information. If more information is requested, it must be provided to satisfy the identity verification requirements.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

alex092
Contributor
Contributor

this hasn't helped at all. Do you understand I am unable to provide you with a bill with my name and address on it? If something is not done to get my account back to full order within the next week I'm done with paypal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi alex092,

That's definitely a frustrating situation. 😞

There's likely difficulty verifying your identity specifically because you haven't registered with any of the types of places that provide information to the services used to verify identity. This happens sometimes with people who've recently moved to the country, or who are young and haven't yet set up utilities in their own name yet. In these situations, time is the answer. Once services are set up, an identity is easily verifiable.

Without a successful verification or the documentation requested, PayPal is unable to complete the review that must be done. An account must remain limited in these circumstances until the verification can be successfully completed.

I hope you'll reconsider and try again at a later time when the requested documentation becomes available.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

YukaShinamori
New Community Member

Are we able to add money to out accounts with a Money Pack even if they are locked? If not I will have to quit paypal complety. There is no way I'm letting some internet corperation have all the info they need and more to steal my identity and ruin my whole life.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.