Account limitation - This limitation cannot be appealed.

AlphaEye

Hi,

I am a buyer and I never sell anythings. This is the first time I get account limited. Here's the information. 

Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

• Jul 14, 2016: We need additional information on your recent transactions and account activity.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.)

This limitation cannot be appealed.

First, I have not receive any emails about what additional information is needed. I called the paypal services and they just say, "I am sorry I cannot lift the limitation. I do not know why and I do not know what information you need. It's permanently limited. I am sorry I cannot do anything." So, am I just in a bad luck with systemic bug or something that no one knows why? I have been using paypal to pay for more than 2 years and never have any problems with it. I did not do anything more different than what I used to do recently. I have no ideas why this happened. Any ideas? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AlphaEye

Nope sorry.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Some PayPal employee just had a bad day and decided to limit you, that might be it.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You won't be able to change it but you could carefully review all of your recent transactions as they relatate which items were purchased, who were the seller's, where are the seller's located, funding sources, funding amounts, disputes, and any other details that could have an impact.

Login to Me Too

AlphaEye

Then, is there a way to know which transaction(s) have the problem?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AlphaEye wrote:

Then, is there a way to know which transaction(s) have the problem?

Try to find a pattern in your recent transactions.  What do they have in common. Did you buy digital gaming accounts person to person from someone in online forums, stuff like that.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@William9

If its a permanent limitation then its pointless trying to work out why as it won't change any decision anyway.

Paypal don't limit accounts for no reason, they want you to use paypal so they get more fees and as we only hear one side of the story on these boards we can't really comment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Did you look into resolution center and find the case,what does it say?

Read Paypal terms and agreement when you sign up,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.