SSN

alfredo-tomato
Contributor
Contributor

What services will I miss by not entering my SSN? I don’t sell or add to my wallet. I just buy camera equipment. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It will be restricted and you won't have full access to all services.  There are degrees of limitation which can include account suspension to just not able to to do instant payments.  It depends on the circumstances which you will learn when a limitation is applied.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You won't really know until PayPal asks for your SSN.  When PayPal asks for your SSN and you don't provide it then your account will likely be limited until you add it.

Login to Me Too

alfredo-tomato
Contributor
Contributor

How is it limited? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It will be restricted and you won't have full access to all services.  There are degrees of limitation which can include account suspension to just not able to to do instant payments.  It depends on the circumstances which you will learn when a limitation is applied.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there have been cases where a foreigner open a US paypal account without SSN for his company in USA,of course he does not have one,when asked for SSN and he cannot produce one,account becomes limited,he has t o wait 180 days to have his money back and the account closed permanently. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.