My boss wants to use Paypal to issue Paychecks is this possible?

kuhawks69
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently working at a hospital and they want to start using paypal to issue everyone paychecks. I have an account setup and  already have my bank acount authorized. My question is well i be able to transfer the full amount to my bank? Would getting a type of Paypal creditcard that will allow me to use the balance sent from employer?  Trying to understand how I can get my paycheck to my bank or be able to use the funds sent by employer. Fund will be greated then 3500 every two weeks. Any help would be great. 

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal doesn't issue checks.  People send money to your PayPal account.  You do what you want after it arrives in your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

kuhawks69
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that Paypal does not issue checks. My concern is getting access to money once my employer sends it my paypal account. I do not want to be limited to a certain amount to transfer everyday. I want to be able to access to the full 3500 once it hit s my paypal account. Will i be able to transfer the full amount to my bank account on file? Would upgrading to a business account help? Just trying to find the easiest way to get access.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You will have daily and monthly limits until you qualify for no limits.

For direct access direct deposit to checking account is much better option.

Depending on location and method of transfer, PayPal could even have issues with. What currencies are involved?  What countries?

If there is ever an issue with the person sending the money, it would reflect on your account.

My guess is that the money is not a simple employee salary.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I have never heard of a hospital using Paypal to send out paychecks.

or any decent size employer?where is the payroll dept?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DPCreations wrote:

PayPal doesn't issue checks.  People send money to your PayPal account.  You do what you want after it arrives in your PayPal account.

yes,PAYPAL does issue check,from your paypal account ,a bank check,fee is $1.95 and it takes days to arrive

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

My reference was to the OP statement title his boss wants  "....use Paypal to issue Paychecks..." as if the boss wanted to checks isssued.  I do realize that the OP can withdraw by check.  The OP just isn't clear about what is expected.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

how is your employer sending your paycheck?

friend and family or goods and services.

if goods and services,you will pay 30 cents plus 2.9% fee,which is unfair to you $101.50 on $3500 .

I dont see why you cant download to your bank account ,if you want to spend it,you can either get a PAYPAL business debit card,but not sure if you qualify unless you are a seller,check the requriements.

when you use that card as a credit card,PAYPAL gives you 1% cash back.

You can also get a Paypal Prepaid MC debit card in any store ,for 4.95 a month fee,you can move money back and forth between your Paypal account and the debit card,

Or you can ask Paypal to send you a bank check,fee is $1.95.

but this is pretty lousy deal for your employer to send your paycheck via paypal,why cant they do electronic banking and deposit your money into your bank account.

Login to Me Too

kuhawks69
Contributor
Contributor

well, i contacted customer service and they said I could up grade to a premium account and use the paypal debit card. I will have instant access to the funds with no fees deducted.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there is daily limit at ATM it is $400,daily limit is $3000 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.