Paypal Payment Card?

MistSilver
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I have a blue Paypal card. The front of the card is plain blue and in the top right corner says "Paypal". The back has a magnetic strip, my name, last 4 acct number, and an expiration date. That's it. Looks like this one: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxerYEcnxGPPNzZ1y1MRAdGD43uvnxS_EB3IxyWOHwKBp4... I am able to use the card in stores (Like DG) and the payment pulls first from my PayPal balance and then from my PayPal Smart Connect account. The card however, expired in 2016, and I am wanting to get a new one to use. The SmartConnect support people were less than helpful and just insisted that no such thing existed. Does anyone know exactly what type of card this is and how I can request a current, non-expired, one? Thanks 🙂
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you can tell if it is a MC or VISA by the first few digits of the card.

Mine is PAYPAL business debit card which starts with 5581 and bears the MC logo.

You can apply for a business debit card if you have a business account and in good standing etc etc.if you use it as a credit card,it gives you 1% cash back.

it works the same as yours,-paypal fund and bank backup,I dont know why your card is different but sounds like it is a Paypal business debit card.   

Login to Me Too

MistSilver
Contributor
Contributor
I don't have a PayPal Visa or Mastercard account. I only have a regular PayPal and a SmartConnect account. The card also does not show a full card or account number - it only shows last 4 digits.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

How did you get it?

toothfairy left you below your pillow while you sleep?

Login to Me Too

MistSilver
Contributor
Contributor
I received it in the mail back in 2013 or 2014. At the time, I assumed I received it because of the SmartConnnect account, but as I said originally, the SmartConnect support rep had no idea what I was talking about. 😕
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

why not just apply for a Paypal business debit card,it is a MC card

Login to Me Too

MistSilver
Contributor
Contributor
I don't have a business. Regardless, I'd rather not open a brand new credit card when I already have a PayPal credit account that I can use and that has been long established. I just want to know how I can request a new card like the one I already have.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is 2017 ,if you have not received a new card,then it could be they  no longer support your card. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there is also the Paypal prepaid MC debit card,for 4.95 a month.

I doubt you want that card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.