Access Paypal credit using my Paypal debit card

bootlovers
Contributor
Contributor

I have both PayPal credit, and a PayPal debit card.  Can I access my PayPal line of credit using the debit card?  For example: If I only have $50 in my PayPal account, and attempt to use my debit card for a $150 purchase, will it allow the transaction to go through by accessing my PayPal credit?  Or, would it be declined because I inly have $50 in my PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No.

PayPal Credit is for purchases.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Is you Paypal debit card the business debit card,which taps your paypal balance and bank fund?

or is it the Paypal prepaid debit card?

Neither of these cards are connected to your Paypal line of credit.

Paypal line of credit is for online purchase,it is not always available. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bootlovers wrote:

I have both PayPal credit, and a PayPal debit card.  Can I access my PayPal line of credit using the debit card?  For example: If I only have $50 in my PayPal account, and attempt to use my debit card for a $150 purchase, will it allow the transaction to go through by accessing my PayPal credit?  Or, would it be declined because I inly have $50 in my PayPal account?

Is it even possible to add PayPal Credit as a back up funding source to your PayPal Business Debit MasterCard?  Generally, PayPal Credit doesn't let you split payments.  No credit card or credit line does, they just decline you.  With PayPal Credit, your account is reviewed on the spot to see if you qualify for an increase to your line of credit or allow your purchase to go through. You might as well just use PayPal Credit to pay for the whole purchase and use your PayPal Balance money towards your PayPal Credit bill instead of patchworking it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bootlovers
Contributor
Contributor

The reason I ask this:

I am looking to purchase from a business/vendor who does not offer PayPal as a method of payment.  

This is for a situation where they will take a credit/debit card as a payment method, but do not offer PayPal.  

That is why I was asking if I would have access to my PayPal credit via using my debit card.  Basically using my PayPal credit as my alternate method of payment VS a different credit card or bank account.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there is no card which taps Paypal line of credit.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.