There are around 40 "chargeback" cases opened against me :( but it makes NO SENSE

Sam_K-Man
Contributor
Contributor

My friend sent me money using Paypal accounts with names and emails generated from a website (app in her case)... The money did not come from any banks, she said, but her friends and acquaintainces... Paypal claims there are banks behind this money, but can't the name of a single one... I feel like I'm being toyed with. Most of these cases were from a span of 2-3 days, not over months during which I received the money and instantly sent back through Western Union... I simply wanted to help... She would lose over 40% if she withdrew it, if it worked at all.
Why is this happening, what can I do.... Negative $2265 now, $20 fee per each one, what the fudge...

Login to Me Too
118 REPLIES 118

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

why should her 'friend' care about fee-paypal fee,western union fee and middle man fee when she has no intention of shipping anything?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The crooks are getting more creative -first it was NIgerian general coming to town,you will get a cut of the 96 million dollars in US bank,but first you must offer a gift of 5k to so and so,order a limo,flowers and book the hotel suites, and wire 20k to the Nigerian govt foreign office attn Captain Bongolo.

Then it is someone from Malta who placed an order on your site,sent you some postal/money orders,the amount would exceed the order but keep it as a gesture of good will,hurry up and deposit them in your bank account and send me the order ASAP.

Then they are looking for an American sweetheart and use your address to receive packages which should be forwarded to Bongoland!

Then they list on some job search site,looking for person who would accept paypal payments,keep 25% and western union the rest to the kindgom of JAIL HOUSE Rock attn Elvis is alive !

Login to Me Too

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Sam_K-Man

Sam, been waiting for your friend to jump on here.  Would like to hear it from her.  

Solution to your PP problem is give the 1800 number a call and regardless of who you talk to be firm in saying you aren't paying them a ***bleep*** dime and have them contact your friend directly.  I mean heck, if the fee's weren't so you would have to be using Western Union which already cost an arm and a leg just to pay her. You should raise a stink over how high fee's on, just go on and on until they agree with you but be firm and don't back down.  There used to be a special code you could use to basically get a free pass on what was going on, I think it may be "blue 52" so if you call try saying that loudly and see if the problem will be hurt out.

Be Good

WipedOut Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@WipedOut wrote:

@Sam_K-Man

Sam, been waiting for your friend to jump on here.  Would like to hear it from her.  

Solution to your PP problem is give the 1800 number a call and regardless of who you talk to be firm in saying you aren't paying them a d@mn dime and have them contact your friend directly.  I mean heck, if the fee's weren't so you would have to be using Western Union which already cost an arm and a leg just to pay her. You should raise a stink over how high fee's on, just go on and on until they agree with you but be firm and don't back down.  There used to be a special code you could use to basically get a free pass on what was going on, I think it may be "blue 52" so if you call try saying that loudly and see if the problem will be hurt out.

Be Good

WipedOut Smiley Very Happy

Sam's gripe is that Paypal is coming after her, she accepts paypal payment from this Philipinal lady.

She thinks the chargebacks should hit this lady and not her.  

But Sam has the money or had the money,she used Western Union to send the money back to the Philipinal lady(she gets to keep 10% for her efforts),so she is an accomplice .

Sam said this arrangement has been going on for years with no glitch.

question-when sending money via Western Union,can one use Paypal fund or hard cold cash? 

Login to Me Too

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It is very apparent that Sam is not the brightest light bulb in the box.  Just hoping those lottery or inheritance emails do not find his inbox or he may be in trouble.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@WipedOut wrote:

It is very apparent that Sam is not the brightest light bulb in the box.  Just hoping those lottery or inheritance emails do not find his inbox or he may be in trouble.

I would go for the Gold medal,why settle for less?

Nigerian generals are promising a cut of 5% .

5% of 95 million dollars in Swiss banks ! 

Login to Me Too

Sam_K-Man
Contributor
Contributor

I am just saying, Lancealot, it's not like I've been getting away with something - I still strongly believe this is a matter of money being legitimately sent back and forth, but at some point my friend made the mistake of using accounts based on names and emails of people who don't exist. The money (she told me, and so far I still have no reason to think she lied, Paypal didn't even try to work with me on any of this) came from OTHER paypal users, NOT someone's credit card or bank account.
ANyway, I'm becomign a laughing stock here, so I better stop all this, but at least I got to explain my situation. From my end, there was no scam, I know that much. From my friend's end, I believe the same because she isn't running away. And I have CHECKED the info from the Paypal accounts a lot of this money came to me! It's not real, so how can not-real people start chargebacks against me? It was done by Paypal in my opinion....

Login to Me Too

Sam_K-Man
Contributor
Contributor

GUys.........
I'm a MAN, not woman 😄
Paypal_dustin, that's a joke, right? Was there one sincere word in your banter? For a moment, I thought you at least somewhat support my cause, not sure any more.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I believe you.

you are doing a favor for your Philipinal friend by taking the money she sent you via Paypal and send them back to her via Western Union.

For her,it is a safe deal,she got the money and Paypal cannot claw back,neither can you !

And you said you were doing it for her free and later charges her 10%,fair enough.

but one thing I still dont understand is

where does her money come from?

you said-

at some point my friend made the mistake of using accounts based on names and emails of people who don't exist. The money (she told me, and so far I still have no reason to think she lied, Paypal didn't even try to work with me on any of this) came from OTHER paypal users, NOT someone's credit card or bank account. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the money she sent you legit?

How did she earn it?

Did she sell something or perform some chores?

So it came from other Paypal users,why are they sending her money?

and how many accounts does she have?

WHy can she just take the money other Paypal members sent her and send them to you?

And why does she say if she sellls her Paypal fund,it is only worth 60% of the face value?

why does she have to generate fictitious email addres and names >

By the way,since you have been doing this for over a year for her ,is she in Philipines ,where did yu send the Western Union fund ?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Because PayPal considers it a cash advance if she withdrawls the money from her virtual Visa card account to PayPal balance.  That is in violation of PayPal's UA with potential of account being banned.  Virtual Visa Cards are good for making online purchases.  Virtual Visa Cards let you withdrawl to bank account also but the fees to do so are expensive, hence the 60% off Sam is saying his lady friend is talking about and some banks are not supported if you are living outside US. The woman figured she can add the money from her vv card to PayPal for lesser fee.  She may not have a bank account linked to her PP account so she send it to o Sam here to cash out and send money with Western Union.

Still where the money comes from is a mystery.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.