Refund to paypal credit won't show?

theamir
Contributor
Contributor

I just received a refund to my paypal credit and it's not showing up. It's listed in my activity/summary, but my paypal balance does not reflect or show the refund was made to it, even though the summary states it was. Furthermore, since this happened, I now can't send money. What gives?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

theamir
Contributor
Contributor
$1,235.10 was refunded on December 2, 2016 to PayPal Credit.
$1,235.10 was refunded on December 2, 2016 to PayPal Credit.
$1,200.00 was refunded on December 2, 2016 to PayPal balance.
Paid with PayPal Credit Make a PayPal Credit payment Transaction ID 5H253621JJ583931N
Sent to (Removed by moderator)
Details
Sent to(Removed by moderator)
$1,200.00
Fee
$35.10
Total
$1,235.10  <---------- here's the summary, and yet that's not showing anywhere in my Paypal credit or on my Paypal balance. where's it at??

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can generally expect to see the refund credit applied to your account within 7-10 business days of the date the merchant processed the refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

theamir
Contributor
Contributor

So my available credit balance will be corrected in 7-10 days? It says the refund is complete, but it's just not showing on my credit balance - I find that a bit odd. Is this standard practice? And in the meantime, why isn't it allowing me to transfer money?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

7-10 days will be the expected time to wait for a credit to be applied to your account.  Longer than that, contact PP Credit for an update. Not sure why or how it would affect your transferring of money.  Perhaps something else is causing it and the timing is a coincidence.  Call PP customer service for a diagnosis on that issue.  When you are on the line, press zero or say "agent".

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.