Proof after escalation?

Rottenegg
Contributor
Contributor

So I bought this item from a seller from this automated website called "selly.gg" I have done plenty of transactions with the website and this was the first time it failed. Upon donating you are supposed to recieve an automated email with the product, however this time that was not the case so I contacted the seller on his twitter (this was his contact for support) and the seller tells me that I am a fraud that I have been reported to selly...I show him proof of my payment and me not recieving any sort of an email with the necessary items he needed to determine that I was saying the truth. The seller then goes on to ignore me for 10 minutes, after finally being frustrated he tells me that I have been blacklisted and will be blocked from his twitter. Due to all this it left me no option but to contact him via PayPal and so I started a CLAIM "I did not recieve my item" (i could not escalate until the 26th or something) and I was thinking I could just message the seller like this and so I do, I tell him again, I have paid for the product and I havent recieved it. The seller being a huge scum, starts a paypal escalation and states that I am a fraud and that I have not provided any proof and just stated bluffs. Not being aware that my messages would be the comments used for the escalation, ofcourse I would just talk to the seller as it says "message the seller". Long story short, I did not get to provide evidence of him being a total scum and not giving me the product I rightfuly deserved. I went to the automated website directly and they told me to show him the conversation I had with one of the associates and the seller still refused to provide me with the product and I went back to the associate and his account is now terminated, so I have solid proof of him being a scum. With the associate conversation but I cannot do anything and I am afraid I will lose the escalation and my hard earned money to some scum due to the fact that I did not provide "proof" and he did...I was unaware I would have to provide proof on the message board

If anyone could help me or suggest what I should do..I would greatly appreicate the help. Is there any way I can provide paypal with proof from my side?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need to file a dispute according to PayPal policies; that mean you need to provide all your support evidence of the dispute at the time of filing th dispute.  After the dispute is filed, either party can escalate to a claim and no more support can be provided.

You made a donation, correct?  Donations are money given without expectation of anything in reture so I don't know what dispute you could file.

If you paid for goods/services then you would file for non-receipt.

Thre is no basis for scumbag dispute; it's not a valid issue with PayPal.  You could check PayPal policies for buyer protection, but that doesn't apply to gifts or donations.

Login to Me Too

Rottenegg
Contributor
Contributor

It was a payment I made for a product, not a donation. Also, when I click "report a problem" on a payment and then click "I have no recieved my item", it takes me to a  prompt stating "send a friendy message to the seller explaining your problem"  "contact seller". I think its pretty confusing...for a first timer like me I thought it was just me messaging the seller to get the issue resolved, not telling paypal about what the seller has done. After me messaging the seller the seller directly filed an escalation in which I was not allowed to provide a response, my message to the seller were used as response and I think that is pretty BS...I do not think its PayPal's fault but i think there should be some word change or a proper explanation which is easy to locate for new users.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You filed an item not received case, the seller has to provide proof they sent goods with tracking number.  IF no tracking number, PayPal will find in your favor.  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Rottenegg
Contributor
Contributor

The product was an electornic product (a game item) and the only way to know that the product was not sent would be for the third-party website (selly.gg) to specifically tell paypal about it. 

@sharpiemarker wrote:

You filed an item not received case, the seller has to provide proof they sent goods with tracking number.  IF no tracking number, PayPal will find in your favor.  

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you file your dispute as item not received or significantly not as described?   The answer to that question is critical.

Login to Me Too

Rottenegg
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

Did you file your dispute as item not received or significantly not as described?   The answer to that question is critical.

I filed the dispute as item not received

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Oh, and I just went to Selly.gg to checkout their FAQs:

"I just paid and did not receive the email?

If you paid with Bitcoin, you must wait for 2 confirmations. If you still haven't received it, create a ticket with the order ID and your email and we will provide you with your delivered information if the order was indeed successful."

Maybe you need to create a support ticket at Selly.  Selly shoots out the download email right?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rottenegg wrote:

The product was an electornic product (a game item) and the only way to know that the product was not sent would be for the third-party website (selly.gg) to specifically tell paypal about it. 

@sharpiemarker wrote:

@Rottenegg

If the seller cannot provide proof that the digital goods was delivered to you, either with a tracking number or a download log of some sort, PayPal will find in your favor.  The burden of proof is on the seller.  You accused them of non-delivery, it is up to the seller to prove otherwise.  You not trying to prove you did not receive goods here.  The seller has to prove you did.  The info smelly.gg has would not help the seller if their records do not show delivery.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.