Transfer from paypal to bank

mikeeds05
New Community Member

I tried to transfer money from my paypal to my bank account and on my paypal it shows the transaction is complete, but nothing is showing up in my bank, not even a pending transfer....is there any way to cancel this transaction and just leave the funds in my paypal account?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No.  You cann't cancel a transfer.  It will take a few days for the funds to arrive into your bank account.

Login to Me Too

mikeeds05
New Community Member

So does it look like the money has just disappeared for those few days then?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The transfer is not instaneous and you will not see the various stop-over-points between PayPal and your bank.

Login to Me Too

RickMyRundies
Contributor
Contributor
No, you cannot cancel the transfer. However, as has just happened on my account, it seems that PayPal can cancel the transfer if it benefits them. On Sunday 31sf Jan at about 11pm I transferred $1560 (sold a guitar) from PayPal to my bank account. This morning at 7am on the 2nd Feb I got an email from PayPal saying they had cancelled the transfer I made out of my account because my Office 365 subscription came out of my PayPal account at the same time as I was doing the transfer out on Sunday night, and that had put my account into arrears. Checked last night at 10pm before I crashed out and my transfer was still pending. This morning "cancelled". I'd usually have that cash 2-3 days after transferring but now if it isn't in my account by Friday after the new transfer was made this morning, I probably won't see that cash until Monday afternoon 8th Feb. PayPal hold your money for a few days so they can earn interest on it, hence the 3-5 day window for the cash to arrive. It may seem minute when you talk about just one transaction, but PayPal are handling millions of transactions a day and earnings fees on some, interest on all of them.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

Hi mikeeds05,

I apologize about the confusion.  It sounds like you were inquiring if you can cancel a withdrawal from your PayPal account balance to your bank account after initiating the withdrawal.  Unfortunately, once you’ve requested a withdrawal from your PayPal account, it can’t be canceled. 

However, you can cancel payments that have the status of unclaimed if sent via a Personal PayPal account.  The link below includes additional information on how to cancel unclaimed payments.

Can I cancel a payment that I've already sent?

Hope this information helps!  🙂

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.