SmartConnect and PayPal balance

Pysiek
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have some money on my PayPal account. I use PayPal debit card on other sites that do not accept PayPal.

My question is lets say I pay more for the merchandise then I have money on my PayPal account. Will PayPal automatically charge me the diffrence from my SmartConnect account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BillieJean67
Contributor
Contributor

That is a great question and I would like to know the answer, as well as, and add more questions about this topic. I didn't know where to go and I see that no one has answered you here, so maybe if I add some questions, we can both get answered! Smiley Wink

I have the PayPal Debit MC and have been using it for almost 3 years. I am at Premier Status, and am extremely satisfied with my account with PayPal Debit MC!

So, I  am considering adding SmartConnect to continue in using PayPal's incredible products to sustain and raise my credit score. PayPal has been an amazing company for me in this way. They are my Bank and I will continue to use PayPal and continue to refer all of my family & friends to their Banking Products. 

My credit was essentially ruined by unauthorized use of my private identifying info, several years ago, by an In-Law Smiley Mad

My question is this: Would it be redundant to try to be accepted in the SmartConnect program, since I have the Debit MC? OR will it be another great product that I can add to my PayPal Account in case of Emergencies, as well as helping my credit score in the process? I am looking to gain better credit, so that in the future I can be independent and have my own Credit & Banking Products, such as "Extras" MC and Savings and Checking Accounts. 

I applied for the PayPal Extras MC and was turned down, which I understand completely. I don't want to get another "ding" on my Score, either, by applying for SmartConnect and being turned down. 

So, I guess my second question is this; If I applied for Extras and was turned down, would applying for SmartConnect be advisedly the same in regard to my history, etc?? 

I would really like to have SmartConnect on my PayPal Account, but I need answers to these questions first. 

Can anyone out there help me & Pysiek above, who asked a question back in July?? 

Thanks so much to anyone that can help us out! 

Peace~Pamela Heart

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.