Pay After Delivery - why not available???

omesaara
New Community Member

I have come to LOVE the Pay After Delivery option.  As a person who does NOT own or use credit cards, this was my way of being able to make purchases before the funds were available so that I was SURE they would arrive on time.  But I was HIGHLY dismayed to find this evening, when I went in and made a larger-than-usual purchase in the hopes of not having to pay for it until 2 weeks from now (well AFTER my next pay day!), it was not provided as an option...but it was too late to cancel the transaction, so I had to pay for it anyway!  I would NOT have purchased this item tonight if I had known I wouldn't have 2 weeks to pay for it.  Now I'm financially strapped for the next 2 weeks.  If this is not going to be consistently offered as an option, I WISH that information would be provided IN ADVANCE...before we commit to buy the item!  😞  Not cool.

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

stikss
Contributor
Contributor

Well..... I was able to use PAD this morning. I have been trying since the beginning of the month when it was offered to me, but the item I was looking to get wasn't available then.

Today.... I was shopping around with a "favorite seller" and added several items to my cart and it popped right up... which I have used PAD with them 2 times prior..... so i'm not sure what the deal is with that.

Just thought I would put it out there that it's still working.... somewhat.

Login to Me Too

sparkles5276
Contributor
Contributor

Not me, just tried.

@stikss wrote:

Well..... I was able to use PAD this morning. I have been trying since the beginning of the month when it was offered to me, but the item I was looking to get wasn't available then.

Today.... I was shopping around with a "favorite seller" and added several items to my cart and it popped right up... which I have used PAD with them 2 times prior..... so i'm not sure what the deal is with that.

Just thought I would put it out there that it's still working.... somewhat.

Login to Me Too

clos210
Contributor
Contributor

Lucky you. It's not working for me. I won an item last night that I had to bid on and it would be nice if I could use PAD but now I have to contact the seller to see if it's ok I can pay till friday. I'm going to have to checkout on the ebay app since I'm able to use the bank transfer with it and the only option I get on my computer is by e-check.

Login to Me Too

bribucsbri
Contributor
Contributor

I'm glad that it's working for some, but it's still not working for others (including me).  I bought something this morning and had to go in and out of Paypal three times just to get the option of an instant transfer from my bank account.  All that came up originally was credit card or an e-check.  There has to be a serious glitch with Paypal, but they're not acknowledging it or correcting it.

Login to Me Too

sparkles5276
Contributor
Contributor

I am also glad it is working for some also, but I just don't see the reaon why good paying customers would be unable to use this feature.  It makes no sense. 

I could understand if it was just not available anymore at all, period, but it is still working for some customers.

Login to Me Too

clos210
Contributor
Contributor

Yes!!! Finally I got PAD to work on ebay literally like 5 minutes ago. I used PAD last week but it was with an outside merchant. So I know it's some sort of glitch if it's working for some but these people at ebay and paypal don't have a clue. Most of my purchase if not all are done through ebay so PAD was something nice to have. This brings back hope so I say just keep trying.

Login to Me Too

clos210
Contributor
Contributor

Well that was fast, I decided to buy a $10 item to see if PAD was an option and no, it didn't. E-check is the only option I have.Robot Mad

Login to Me Too

sparkles5276
Contributor
Contributor

So crazy, I keep trying, hoping that it will work but it just doesn't want to work for me.

Woman Mad

Login to Me Too

karenlac
Contributor
Contributor

Clos210... I'm glad you got PAD to work for your transaction, but I'm willing to bet that it won't be an option again for quite a while and it won't come up on your next transaction.  I have been trying to use PAD on Ebay transactions since January of this year.  I was able to use PAD on just about every single transaction in November and December until it just stopped working for no reason at all. 

I buy a lot of items each month on Ebay ($100-$350) and have had at least 100 transactions this year so far and not one of them gave me the PAD option, even with sellers that I've used PAD with before.  So, I have been trying - over and over and over again!  What I find suspicious about PAD and the randomness of it's availability is that there weren't any of these issues during the holiday shopping season in November and December.  As I recall, almost every purchase I made gave me the PAD option.  It's highly suspicious that PAD was readily available then, but since January, it has been totally random. 

Could it be that Paypal allowed PAD to be readily available, especially for Ebay purchases, during the holiday season in order to increase sales?  Anyone who has worked retail knows that sales goals are particularly high during the holiday season and the pressure to meet those goals can be demanding.  Since Ebay and Paypal are the same company, it only makes sense that Paypal would try to increase the spending limit for their customers assuming they'll buy more from Ebay.

It's obvious something else is going on here that Paypal isn't telling us.

Login to Me Too

sparkles5276
Contributor
Contributor

@karenlac wrote:

Clos210... I'm glad you got PAD to work for your transaction, but I'm willing to bet that it won't be an option again for quite a while and it won't come up on your next transaction.  I have been trying to use PAD on Ebay transactions since January of this year.  I was able to use PAD on just about every single transaction in November and December until it just stopped working for no reason at all. 

I buy a lot of items each month on Ebay ($100-$350) and have had at least 100 transactions this year so far and not one of them gave me the PAD option, even with sellers that I've used PAD with before.  So, I have been trying - over and over and over again!  What I find suspicious about PAD and the randomness of it's availability is that there weren't any of these issues during the holiday shopping season in November and December.  As I recall, almost every purchase I made gave me the PAD option.  It's highly suspicious that PAD was readily available then, but since January, it has been totally random. 

Could it be that Paypal allowed PAD to be readily available, especially for Ebay purchases, during the holiday season in order to increase sales?  Anyone who has worked retail knows that sales goals are particularly high during the holiday season and the pressure to meet those goals can be demanding.  Since Ebay and Paypal are the same company, it only makes sense that Paypal would try to increase the spending limit for their customers assuming they'll buy more from Ebay.

It's obvious something else is going on here that Paypal isn't telling us.

I agree that there is something going on.

I was able to use PAD since June or May of 2012 for every transaction (except for international purchases), and as of the beginning of April, have been unable to use it.  Every call I have made to Paypal has been useless. 

It just makes no sense at all.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.