Pay After Delivery - why not available???

omesaara
New Community Member

I have come to LOVE the Pay After Delivery option.  As a person who does NOT own or use credit cards, this was my way of being able to make purchases before the funds were available so that I was SURE they would arrive on time.  But I was HIGHLY dismayed to find this evening, when I went in and made a larger-than-usual purchase in the hopes of not having to pay for it until 2 weeks from now (well AFTER my next pay day!), it was not provided as an option...but it was too late to cancel the transaction, so I had to pay for it anyway!  I would NOT have purchased this item tonight if I had known I wouldn't have 2 weeks to pay for it.  Now I'm financially strapped for the next 2 weeks.  If this is not going to be consistently offered as an option, I WISH that information would be provided IN ADVANCE...before we commit to buy the item!  😞  Not cool.

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

morristaylor71
Contributor
Contributor

update to last post  just tryed to use the P>A>D and its gone  again not shut if its because ive reached my new spending cap or not ill update in a couple days

Login to Me Too

sparkles5276
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried to use this today and for the first time since I started using it last summer, it is not giving me PAD as an  optin.  I have never had a problem with it before, and all my payments come out timely as scheduled.

I don't know why they would sudden stop offering it....I am upset about this especially since I have quite a few items to pay for and was depending on the PAD option.

I called Paypal and they said it could be because I have several payments scheduled to come out soon and that the option will be available once those payments clear.

I never had this issue before and am quite upset about it.

Login to Me Too

marimarihi
Contributor
Contributor

I love pay after delivery my account is so perfect and verified and credit sooo perfect and after 60 emails and eight hours on and off phone nobody gave me a answer why Iam not getting pay after delivery option. I cant get bill me later or cant get credit card and pay after delivery is one option but i press on pay after delivery button everyday but to no avail when I go to checkout I only get the usual debit card or bank account, I cant make make large purchases because with pay after delivery not available and not giving any reason why i cant get it and everything is absolutely perfect with paypal. Iam also not getting my invoices for paid purchases to my email and yet in my settings i choose this option but paid invoices via paypal are not coming. I doubt if paypal ever gave that pay after delivery option to anybody its just a golden carrot in the sky.

My pay checks are there on 1st of month and 15 and if i had that pay after delivery i can purchase item or bid on it and pay 14 days later like into my next check but since pay after delivery is a lie i have to pay for everything right away and thus buy very little from ebay.

marimarihi

Login to Me Too

stikss
Contributor
Contributor

Again........ like most of you here, I am spoiled with PAD and find it very annoying that it's only available at random. I've been able to puchase 2 items using the method and noticed that once I used the feature it wouldn't become an option again until the next calendar month??... almost like it's only offered once a month, which I'm not sure if it is or not. I've set that feature as my preferred method of payment but again, is never offered anymore. I really have something right now I'm looking to buy and need PAD to make the purchase before it's gone...... but can't.

Login to Me Too

stikss
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried the unlink and link ebay account and that doesn't work... also tried changing the Pay ater Delivery "preferred" choice and nothing....

SO WHEN IS SOMEONE FROM PAYPAL GONNA JUMP ON HERE AND PROVIDE SOME CLARIFICATION????? IT'S ONLY THE HOTTEST TOPIC IN THIS FORUM.

Login to Me Too

PondersosaPine
Contributor
Contributor

I just got off the phone with Paypal.  I called to ask why I wasn't being given the PAD option to pay for the 2 items I purchased.  I have no payments outstanding or pending.  The rep put me on hold a couple of minutes then came back and told me the merchants did not offer PAD as a payment option so I would need to contact them.  She said that all sellers are offered all the payment options, but can choose which ones to accept.

I've never sold on Ebay so I can't verify this.  Sellers, is this accurate?

Yes, this IS a hot topic so Paypal, answer our questions!

Login to Me Too

Chevyfan1978
Contributor
Contributor

Well I have made different purchases from SAME seller within a week or so, 1st time PAD went through, 2nd it was not offered. So not sure about their answer being correct.  I have noticed that it seems you can only have a certain amount of PAD purchases made within a certain time frame. However, it isn't ALWAYS the case, so I think its best to quit hanging our hopes on PAD being an option. It would be nice to know prior to buying or bidding if its an option though!

Login to Me Too

PondersosaPine
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same experience as you have, ChevyFan, about different purchases from the same seller and PAD being offered for some and not others so I question what I was told.  In fact, one of the items I need to pay for right now is to a seller from whom I purchased a few items several months ago with PAD.  It seems to be an arbitrary option.  I just hope it sticks around, and gets more consistent.

Login to Me Too

karenlac
Contributor
Contributor

Who ever stated at Paypal that the Ebay seller needs to have PAD in order for the buyer to use that option, doesn't have a clue.  I sell on Ebay and PAD is NOT an option that can be chosen by the seller.  I've gotten the same response from Paypal (along with several other responses that are untrue) and when I questioned how do I know if the seller accepts PAD, I'm told I have to contact them.  It shows right on any auction what payments the seller accepts and if it says Paypal and bank or e-check, PAD should be an option but it's not.  I've gone round and round with Paypal about PAD and I get a bunch of excuses but no answers. I've emailed Paypal approx. 20 times in the last few months and NOT ONE person at Paypal has given an answer (either that or they just don't respond).  I don't think Paypal has a clue as to why PAD isn't showing up.  And I also have used PAD with a seller and then gone back to the same seller to use PAD again and it doesn't show up.

Login to Me Too

sparkles5276
Contributor
Contributor

This is becoming a  real nuisance.  I wasn't able to use it last week for the first time ever, and then after a few payments pending cleared, I was able to use it for about three purchases, and now, yet again, it is not available.

I have perfect record with paypal, and from June 2012 through last week, have been able to use PAD whenever I choose.  Now, all of the sudden, it's not letting me?? 

I am going to buy much less from ebay because of this.

I have a feeling paypal must have gotten screwed with people not paying for their purchases or something, because why would they suddenly stop offering it.  Why should good buyers be punished for this though?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.