Pay After Delivery - why not available???

omesaara
New Community Member

I have come to LOVE the Pay After Delivery option.  As a person who does NOT own or use credit cards, this was my way of being able to make purchases before the funds were available so that I was SURE they would arrive on time.  But I was HIGHLY dismayed to find this evening, when I went in and made a larger-than-usual purchase in the hopes of not having to pay for it until 2 weeks from now (well AFTER my next pay day!), it was not provided as an option...but it was too late to cancel the transaction, so I had to pay for it anyway!  I would NOT have purchased this item tonight if I had known I wouldn't have 2 weeks to pay for it.  Now I'm financially strapped for the next 2 weeks.  If this is not going to be consistently offered as an option, I WISH that information would be provided IN ADVANCE...before we commit to buy the item!  😞  Not cool.

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

GaryInDallas
New Community Member

Agreed!  I had come to really appreciate the "Pay After Delivery" option, and like you planned some of my purchases around it, knowing I'd have another payday before payment was debited.  There had never been any problems ever with my bank account having the funds for PayPal to debit when the time came due, but now for the last week to 10 days, I don't see the "Pay After Delivery" option offered any more.

PayPal, what has happened???

Login to Me Too

UofT23
Contributor
Contributor

I was actually just about to ask about this.  My last purchase I used PAD and as told it will be an option going forward so I was thinking I could buy a large purchase I want now and the funds won't be withdrawn until I'm paid again in 2 weeks.  But I don't want to commit to buy if I can't be sure PAD will be offered.  How does one know?

Login to Me Too

aviandano
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I really loved the pay after delivery option and then poof it was gone. I got no help from paypal. Does anyone know why its not available anymore?? I just do not understand. I never had any problems, every transaction went through without a glitch. It has stopped me from purchasing items that I would normally do cause knowing you had that 2 week time period was the bestSmiley Mad

Login to Me Too

sailor1mom
Contributor
Contributor

I am with you on this.  no notice, just suddenly it is gone and yet the explanation as to what it is is still listed.  but I have had no issues with it and really like using it to plan around. 

will we get an answer about this? will anyone from paypal come in and comment?  why no notice that it was being discontinued? not good Paypal. not good.

Login to Me Too

Queenie53
New Community Member

I have spoken with PayPal ad nauseam. THEY DENY THEY HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO OUR ACCOUNTS. This is laughable and irritating. Time and effort wasted while the phone reps pretend (??) to know nothing of this issue. It began for me on March 24, 2013. I have just been told that "PayPal reserves the right to deny this option if your purchase is considered a high risk." RIDICULOUS !! Nordstrom's, Lancome, Estee Lauder are risky ??????? PayPal is making a lot of money off of us all..Their NON-CUSTOMER-SERVICE has gotten old. But this is the latest update 4/12/2013 1908 CST

Login to Me Too

fennycat
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this problem and now I guess everyone will get their Christmas presents from me around December 31st!

Login to Me Too

catgroves66
New Community Member

I just discovered this Pay after Delivery a few weeks ago. I used it and they took the money out of my account with no problem. I used it again yesterday on 1 small item then again today for a few small items. But I had to do one then wait then go back in a few hours later and try again. Now its not offering it to me on anything I try to buy. I guess I will wait till tomorrow to see if I can get it to work again. Not sure if your only allowed so many or so much money per day. Anyone know?

Login to Me Too

jevans
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is NOTORIOUS for changing things and usually NOT for the better. I Can't tell you how many argumetns I have had with them regarding problems.

Login to Me Too

blondie7tds
New Community Member

I've been using PAD since it came about, and have a good experience. Every transaction has gone smoothly. My problem was that the PAD button was there but when i clicked on it, it didnt work! I had 2 large payments to pay for. I have figured out from the past that you can only do one transaction at a time with PAD so I tried to check out my first item. The button was there, so i clicked it, but nothing happened, it was still going to do an instant transfer now. So i cancelled it and tried to check out with my other item i bought, (which was more expensive) and IT WORKED! now why would it work for the more expensive item but not for the one that was $20 cheaper? i tried it again with the other item and I still have the button there to click, but when i click it it doesnt do anything.Just don't get it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.