Known Issue: Payments not appearing on sender or receiver's account

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Update:  Engineers are reporting the issue with transaction delays was fixed late last night (around 2am ET).  Typically a transaction may take a few minutes to appear in the account activity and we are back to that normal behavior.  Thanks for your patience during this issue.

Hi everyone,

Our engineers are aware of an issue right now where payments are not immediately appearing in the account activity for both senders and recipients.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and our engineers are working to fix this as soon as possible.

This issue appears to be causing a delay in when the payments appear.  The transaction is initiated, it's just not appearing on the website for up to 4-5 hours in some cases (the time appears to be random).

I will update this post when we have more information and to let everyone know when the fix has been implemented.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
285 REPLIES 285

gavinsan
Contributor
Contributor

Just happened to me today, I sent a payment for a super expensive item (5000 pounds), and my balance was updated, but no signs of the payment in the activity or dashboard. The seller also says that he didnt receive any notification or sees the payment in the activity (he did not confirmed if the balance was updated, but that said, its a big store that sells expensive stuff so..)

I can see the transaction if I go to:

1. Activity
  2. Then at the bottom there's this blue bar saying "Cant find something? (...)" Click in the link "Classic View of Activity"
  3. And voilá, there's my transaction.. marked as "Completed"

Now, maybe the seller did receive the funds? I feel that I shouldnt be the one sending instructions for him to look for the Classical View.

This whole situation its making me feel like a scammer to the seller. 

Classic View

Login to Me Too

AlvaroEast
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me, i've paid some stuff and the seller told me that the transaction status is "incomplete"..  so. i checked my paypal account and i was surprised that i got my balance updated but no activity shown...  

i got an email with the Transaction Number and all, but nothing on my paypal account, the only way that i found to see some information on My account was doing this.

go to "home" page of your account.

Down on the left corner, click > "Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center"

Then click the Yellow bottom "Dispute a transaction" and after that, All transaction will be shown, but you cant cancell them or anything. but well.. at least there's something. so i dont feel a like a scammer.....

atm im trying to work with the seller but as i can see, he cant do much.

Gavinsan, i couldn't find that blue bar, but if you got your problem solved pls, post it, thanks

Login to Me Too

Blaynkk
Contributor
Contributor

2 people payed me yesterday 12hours ago and 19 hours ago an i still havent gotten anything!

Login to Me Too

gavinsan
Contributor
Contributor

Are you able to see the transactions if you go to:

Tools > Resolution Center > Report a problem tab > click Report a Problem > a new list should appear

In this least, can you see the payments there?

Login to Me Too

Blaynkk
Contributor
Contributor

Boyet
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having the same issue. Sent payment, status is Completed, but seller did not get the funds.

Is PayPal even looking into this?

Login to Me Too

Italian5280
Contributor
Contributor
I took another commenters course of action and opened a dispute, which forces PayPal to address the issue. I made sure to let the seller know that I was opening the dispute to have PayPal review the transaction, not because I was upset with them, and just like- it finally showed up and my items shipped.
Login to Me Too

AlvaroEast
Contributor
Contributor

well. i got my problem solved but i wouldn't say it is Fixed.

to let you know what happended to me and what i did.

i did a payment to a seller for some books, i paid from my paypal account to his paypal account.

when i send my money to his account i got an Email showing me that everything was Ok. "payment complet, Transacction Number, etc) But couple of days later. the seller send me an Email saying that he didn't got Any money and the payment status was "incomplete"

so i went to my account to check the payment and try cancell it to do it again (he couldnt refund me the money cuz the status of the payment was incomplete, so he never got the money). But i couldn't because there was nothing on my Historial or Activity. 

(the only way to see the payment was trying some of the steps that post @gavinsan and mysellf on the previous pages to this one.)

----- problem solved.

well. after alot of struggling with the Message center and reading stuff on internet, about LOT of ppl with this same problem. i just went to the resolve center and report a problem under "Item dispute: I did not receive an item I purchased or the item I received is significantly not as described." which was NOT my case, but i couldnt find any other option to do it.

after doing this, magically the transaction appears on my Activity and i send an email to the seller and he told me the same, the transaction appears now as "complete" and he got the money, so he refund me the money (cuz of the case i did open, needed to be close now) and i bought the items again, in the same way i did before and no problems.   this seems to be a pretty random Bug.

Note: the seller help me alot on this, so i know he wasnt lying, we shared screenshot and stuff. i give him the Transaction number before open the case in the Resolution center.

and that's it. hope you can get this problem "Fix" the same way as me. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

JBehrman99

This happened to me as well this evening. I sent money to someone and when I clicked to make the payment I got an error at the top of the screen making me aware that PayPal was having issues with their service and I wasn't even able to continue with the transaction without clicking to make the payment again which I was hesitant about doing seeing as how my bank account was charged for the first time I tried to make the payment. To make it even more difficult, no record of the payment was even recorded onto my PayPal account or the recipients PayPal account. I hope this gets fixed or those who were affected get refunded the money cause this is basically just throwing money away.

Login to Me Too

Nil_Einne
Contributor
Contributor

If you got an error and the payment isn't showing up anywhere on PayPal, I'm not certain if it's the same problem. The money taken from your bank account may seem concerning, but it's normally taken at an early stage to ensure you have funds. If the transaction fails it will be returned although this could take a few days. (For credit cards, you get an authorisation hold.) From what I can tell, many responders to this thread are having the problem where the transaction is completed successfully, and generally even shows up on our accounts as completed. It just doesn't appear for the saler or payee.

Filing a dispute is one option, still it can make problems for sellers even if they've done nothing wrong. (PayPal has been known to place whole accounts on hold at whim.) Also you can't dispute a transaction if it's F&F like my one. Anyway an update on that, the payment finally showed up. Well I don't know when as the payee was busy and only noticed it today, so it could have been anytime between my last post and now. But it definitely took about 20 hours or more.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.