Known Issue: Payments not appearing on sender or receiver's account

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Update:  Engineers are reporting the issue with transaction delays was fixed late last night (around 2am ET).  Typically a transaction may take a few minutes to appear in the account activity and we are back to that normal behavior.  Thanks for your patience during this issue.

Hi everyone,

Our engineers are aware of an issue right now where payments are not immediately appearing in the account activity for both senders and recipients.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and our engineers are working to fix this as soon as possible.

This issue appears to be causing a delay in when the payments appear.  The transaction is initiated, it's just not appearing on the website for up to 4-5 hours in some cases (the time appears to be random).

I will update this post when we have more information and to let everyone know when the fix has been implemented.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
285 REPLIES 285

xteen78
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issues, TWO ebay buyer paid using paypal, Item are showing as paid under my ebay. BUT can not see paypal transactions under paypal account, there is no balance as well.  I am a seller on ebay, other payment received okay, so far have 2 transactions do not appear. 

Had a chat with ebay - they confirmed both buyers have paid.

Please help paypal.

NB: I am located at AUS 

Login to Me Too

Italian5280
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue, and I am the buyer. I paid for an item through eBay, and my eBay shows "paid". The transaction is NOT listed in my PayPal transactions but, when I go to the resolution center I'm able to see the transaction with a transaction ID and it shows "completed". The seller says he does not see payment on his end but, his eBay page also shows the item as "paid". He said he will not ship until the transaction shows in his history and he has funds. Please help.
Login to Me Too

bellacatch
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Italian5280! I was able to see the transaction using the method you outlined below. Kevin at paypal also came good and sent me a copy of the transaction listing 🙂 I now have details of the unique transaction numbers. 

I've asked the seller to contact paypal to put pressure on them to allocate the payment to him. I've also lodged a dispute with paypal in the hopes of them allocating the payment correctly... I've explained to the seller that the dispute is not against him - its just to raise the issue with paypal. I'll ensure that the dispute is settled well in advance so that it doesn't have any negative effect on him.

Will keep you posted!

Login to Me Too

khairina96

I have the same problem. It's been close to 10 hours and stll no sign of the transaction on the activity tab! The seller could not track the transaction ID I gave him too. Is there a fix for this? 

Login to Me Too

bellacatch
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I have the same problem. I am an ebay buyer and used paypal to make payment. The total amount was debited by paypal from my nominated credit card (I checked my online banking) but the transaction does not show in my paypal activity list. It's been 3 days since I made payment and the seller is getting annoyed... I rang paypal and they can see the transaction at their end. "Kevin" at paypal assured me that he would send through a transaction listing confirming the payment but I havent received anything yet... Appreciate any suggestions as to next steps please! Thanks 😃

Login to Me Too

Italian5280
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Bellacatch, If you don't have your transaction ID, here's how I found mine since the transaction isn't showing under "transactions". If you go to the "resolution center" link, and act like you need to dispute a charge, it will show up there. You'll also be able to see the payment status also. Hope that helps. I'm at a loss as to what to do next - I'm just waiting like everyone else. 😞
Login to Me Too

xteen78
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal really need to fix this.  so far I have 3 payments without money in my paypal balance. I am a seller australia. 

by far 3 transactions worth $610 AUD !!!  please help paypal australia !!

Login to Me Too

vince1024
Contributor
Contributor

Hi having the same problems with latest replies on this thread. My client sent me the payment 7/9/2016 (Philippine time). As of today the payment haven't yet refrlected on my account... How long would it take for this to be fixed? Planning to transfer the money to my bank account.

Login to Me Too

bellacatch
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, just a quick update that my non-payment was resolved by the seller - see his email below:

Okay I found what the problem is! I calculated the balance with the transactions one by one and found that your payment already added into the balance on 08 July but no transaction details shown in the list, Paypal also didn't email me the payment received notice, so I thought the payment was not arrived.

Sorry - this probably doesn't help people experiencing the same issue, although it is a red flag for multiple purchases... Best of luck to all with this issue 😕

Login to Me Too

indolent
New Community Member

Just replying to note that I'm also effected by this. Recived a payment on July 8th, and nothing shows up in my activity page. I only found it today by clicking one of the obscure switch to classic view buttons and it was shown there. This delayed me from shipping the package a few days since I had no notification or email of any payments received. Annoying.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.