Known Issue: Payments not appearing on sender or receiver's account

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Update:  Engineers are reporting the issue with transaction delays was fixed late last night (around 2am ET).  Typically a transaction may take a few minutes to appear in the account activity and we are back to that normal behavior.  Thanks for your patience during this issue.

Hi everyone,

Our engineers are aware of an issue right now where payments are not immediately appearing in the account activity for both senders and recipients.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and our engineers are working to fix this as soon as possible.

This issue appears to be causing a delay in when the payments appear.  The transaction is initiated, it's just not appearing on the website for up to 4-5 hours in some cases (the time appears to be random).

I will update this post when we have more information and to let everyone know when the fix has been implemented.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
285 REPLIES 285

ParagonNova
Contributor
Contributor
I recently sent a payment from my account to a second account I own. It charged me the amount I sent, however it didn't show up on the activity log and the account I was sending it to didn't receive anything. Anybody know about this and could help me? Thanks
Login to Me Too

amyfo74

I'm having the same problem.  I sent money to a friend.  The money was taken out of my balance but it doesn't show in my activity log and she hasn't received the money either.  Not sure what to do.

Login to Me Too

12345laxman
Contributor
Contributor
Please payment processing help My request
Login to Me Too

Henhouse

Is this aproblem today, 5th October? Payments haven't reached my account yet.

Login to Me Too

LAW147

Yes same here,sold an item tonight at 7pm on ebay,the buyer paid for the item immediatly but the payment is not showing in my paypay account!  Very disturbing,£168 missing!

I said I would post it tomorrow,hope it shows up by morning or I will have to delay sending the item!

Login to Me Too

TheOne1

I also sent 2 payment today (Oct 5th) & they arent in my activity log either. I emailed the people i sent payment to see if they recieved it, waiting for answer. I sent with my balence & it was taken out.

Login to Me Too

Henhouse

And Paypal haven't the courtesy to let anyone know what's going on. Man Frustrated

Login to Me Too

JoshKnepa
New Community Member

I seem to be experiencing the same issue, just got a item paid for on ebay and my paypal log shows nothing. I printed the label through ebay and that shows up on the log... so why is the payment not showing up?

Login to Me Too

taylor21
Contributor
Contributor

I too have sold an item on ebay but no trace of the paykent . The item shows as paid but nothing in my account. I have not received an e-mail either to confirm payment

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.