Is there a way to create a "pool' of money that someone can withdraw from?

ToniaBee
New Community Member

My family is all in different states and we would like to all contribute some money to a pool that one member would be able to withdraw funds from, probably a one-time withdrawal but maybe in increments.  Is that possible on Paypal?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Andy

Hi ToniaBee - 

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community!

What you're describing is actually kinda what PayPal is designed to do. 🙂 People from all over the world can send payments to an account and all they need is to the confirmed email address on the account. So the best solution would be to have your family member create an account (if they don't already have one), and your family can just send them payments. Once they attach their bank to the account they'd be able to withdraw directly to that.

Now, given what you're describing, are you trying to do this under the radar as a sort of surprise? If so you'd probably want to have one person be the responsible party, have all of the payments sent to that account, then either withdraw it to the bank of the person who owns that account then find a way an external way to give it to the family member, or have the family member create an account to transfer the money over to them directly.

Hope that makes sense, if not or if there are any other questions please let me know!

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.