Creating PayPal Buttons

Amythyst
Contributor
Contributor

I just logged on and was hit with the 'new version' of Paypal.  I need to create a new payment button and cannot find a link to do so.  Help!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Here's one way:

On the main login page, look for the word Tools and click on it.

You should see an icon that says "PayPal Buttons"    (it's directly under the words "Accept payments anywhere")

Click on the PayPal Buttons icon.

At the bottom right of the screen, click on "Create a Button"

The rest is straight forward.

Login to Me Too

Amythyst
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Cliff_W
Contributor
Contributor

Do you need a specific type of account to create buttons?  I looked on all of the pages available to me and can not find a 'Tools' link.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

pabs50

I don't see a tools link anywhere either.  I have created buttons a hundred times, but now it's gone.

Login to Me Too

Cliff_W
Contributor
Contributor

I went 50 rounds with tech support.  Here is the only "work around" they can come up with.

goto www.paypal.com/profile

And you can see it then.  Yes, you have to physically type it in.  There are no links anywhere to get to it.

Would prefer they go back to the old classic interface.  Was much easier.

Hope this helps.

Cliff

Login to Me Too

Cliff_W
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, forgot to add.   Once you get there, its under "Selling Tools"

Cliff

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi all!

I'm sorry to hear that our customers are having trouble finding what they need on our updated site. Rest assured we are updating things all the time, so what we may not presently have will most likely be there at some point in the future.

As far as being able to create buttons, www.paypal.com/webaccept will take you directly to the button creation page. This should work on every version of our site we have and is about a step quicker than Cliff_W's workaround. But either way, hope this helps!

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.