Paypal Subscription Button not working for non-paypal user

pankajrawat333
Contributor
Contributor

I want to accept my subscription payment via Paypal and Credit Card (without Paypal account). Although paypal mention no paypal account required for subscription.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/erp_overview

But Still I'm getting message "I need to create a PayPal account ", why??

My client don't want to force customer to create account in paypal.

Please suggest what to do..

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

pankajrawat333
Contributor
Contributor

Screenshot (28).jpg

here mention no paypal account required.

Screenshot (26).jpg

What is this mean??

I have set on, still my checkout page is same. I don't want to enter billing address.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

First, did you read the text in the second image?  It says the PayPal Account Optional feature is not available for Subscription buttons.

Second, are you saying that it promotes that you can pay without PP account next to the button but in the setting it says it is not available for Subscription button?

When a customer checks out without a PP account, they still have to enter billing and/or shipping information with credit card info to complete payment.  They are not signing up. The key is, the customer has the "option" to save this information by signing up but they don't have to.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Keep in mind that that link is to a classic site PayPal page saying that Subscription button has Account Optional feature so the info maybe outdated.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

pankajrawat333
Contributor
Contributor

I made subscrition transaction (without paypal account) from credit card and after filling all information paypal saying enter your new password. why?

I have simple subscription plan, why paypal need customer billing address? ( I want to remove that) and why paypal force to create account ??

Login to Me Too

pankajrawat333
Contributor
Contributor

please read on first image. no paypal account required for subscription

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.