Pay for shipping using PayPal & create aibill via PayPal?

VickyBee1970
Contributor
Contributor

I've searched online how to create a USPS airbill via PayPal then pay for the shipping with PayPal and found this page:

PayPal Shipping Center Simplify Your Shipping With PayPal

PayPal offers a free, convenient and easy way to take care of your shipping needs with a variety of helpful shipping tools - with no hidden fees.

After you receive a payment, click the Print Shipping Label button on your Account Overview or History page to access the shipping tools.

But these instructions I believe are referring to the 'Classic' site of PayPal. I can't find anything called Account Overview or History.

All I want to do is avoid going to the Post Office every time I need to ship something to someone who has paid me in advance for shipping items to them. I drive there, use the USPS self serve machine to calculate shipping, drive home, notify them of the cost, they pay me via PayPal & then I ship using my own money while I wait for the money I was paid to be deposited into my bank account from PayPal. In this day & age there has to be a more efficient way to do this all via PayPal....isn't there?

Thanks.

VickyBee

St Paul, MN

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can print labels with PayPal shipping.  Why would you want to print an airbill?

Select tool>Multi-order shipping.

If you had the payment through PayPal, just find the transaction your activity page and select the print label option.

Did I miss something from your post, it you seemed to be looking for something complex?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can print labels with PayPal shipping.  Why would you want to print an airbill?

If you had the payment through PayPal, just find the transaction your activity page and select the print label option.

Did I miss something from your post, it you seemed to be looking for something complex?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

the new Paypal site,when you click on the transaction detail,you can only print packing slip,not shipping label.

To print shipping label on Paypal,you have to use paypal feature call shipnow.

Since most sellers sell on a venue which provides  printing of shipping label like Ebay,Etsy and Amazon,they dont need Paypal .

But OP does not need to go to the post office to check postage,she can do this online,besides Paypal ,there are sites such as stamps,com,endicia etc who allow you to calculate postage and print shipping labels,you just have to join.

USPS also has many features for calculating weight and printing labels ,but printing labels is for mostly priority and express mail .

Check them out.

There are also third party insurer which will insure your package,they are cheaper than the post office. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I use the print label right from the transaction activityl list for items I ship.  It captures the addres right onto the label.  Quite simple.

It ALSO has the option to print a packing list.

I can also use the PayPal multi-order shipping tool separately, but it's easer to do it from the transaction list.

Just view the activity list, go to the transacton and click on the dropdown to print the label.

Login to Me Too

VickyBee1970
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, but I have gone to the Activity page, clicked on my Transaction & there is no drop down I can see nor anything called 'Print Label'. All I see available to me to clik on is:

-e-mail address of the person who paid me

-Refund this Payment

-See details on Classic Site

-Print details

Within the Transaction info, those are the only 4 things I can click on.

Not sure how an address populates into a shipping label when no address was given to me in PayPal - that is something I would need to maunally enter myself.

@DPCreations wrote:

I use the print label right from the transaction activityl list for items I ship.  It captures the addres right onto the label.  Quite simple.

It ALSO has the option to print a packing list.

I can also use the PayPal multi-order shipping tool separately, but it's easer to do it from the transaction list.

Just view the activity list, go to the transacton and click on the dropdown to print the label.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need to look at your list of transactions (not summary page), locate the correct one.  The right columns should be a dropdown option.  I don't know the top option, but it might be print label with a little dropdown arrow to the right.  Don't clidk on the transaction; click on the dropdown option in the actions column.

Login to Me Too

VickyBee1970
Contributor
Contributor

my options there are

Statements

Activity Reports

Tax Documents

I was able to acess the Multi Shipping Tool but keep getting an error message saying PayPal was unable to pay for shipping due to lack of funds. I have 13.55 in my PayPal and it calculated my shipping to be $13.32.

Now I'm stuck again.

@DPCreations wrote:

You need to look at your list of transactions (not summary page), locate the correct one.  The right columns should be a dropdown option.  I don't know the top option, but it might be print label with a little dropdown arrow to the right.  Don't clidk on the transaction; click on the dropdown option in the actions column.

Login to Me Too

VickyBee1970
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, but I have followed your instruction to go to the Activity page, clicked on my Transaction & there is no drop down I can see nor anything called 'Print Label'. All I see available to me to clik on is:

-e-mail address of the person who paid me

-Refund this Payment

-See details on Classic Site

-Print details

Within the Transaction info, those are the only 4 things I can click on.

PayPal.jpg

@DPCreations wrote:

Login to Me Too

VickyBee1970
Contributor
Contributor

OK I was able to get as far as using the Multi Order Shipping Tool but now when I want to print the shipping label it says I don't have enough funds to cover the cost. The Shipping that was sent to me was $13.55 & I have that in my PayPal right now. The Shipping that the Tool on PayPal calculated for me was $13.32. Now I am stuck as to why  it is not pulling the funds from my PayPal.
Any suggestions?

@DPCreations wrote:

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What backup fuinding do you have for your account?  Do you have credit card funding avaialble, if needed.

My guess is that it would be risk issue for PayPal as you should keep suffificient funds in your account to manage a refund if needed.  PayPal my not want to take the new funds in case there is an issue with a buyer dispute.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.