Buying tickets on stubhub

mlopez0209
New Community Member
i had a quick question about buying tickets on stubhub, I want to buy tickets on stubhub and pay on my PayPal account. Now I want my paypal credit to be charged, and not my bank account. I bought tickets before and it charged my bank account instead of my paypal credit. I don't want it to happen again, so before making the same mistake twice, is there any way going about this and having my PayPal credit charged? Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

allenjr16
New Community Member

Why does it allow me to go into the settings for StubHub and select PayPal Credit on the PayPal website? Isn't that counter-intuitive to offer an option that doesn't exist? Then not provide any help to someone that gets bit in the behind by this bait and switch?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Andy

Hi mlopez0209 -

That's an excellent question, thanks for coming to the Community with it!

Due to the way that StubHub and many other merchants process payments (they use a Billing Agreement process), you would not be able to use PayPal Credit for your purchase. At this time PayPal Credit can't be used for Billing Agreement payments. Sorry. 😞

- Andy

Login to Me Too
Solved

allenjr16
New Community Member

Why does it allow me to go into the settings for StubHub and select PayPal Credit on the PayPal website? Isn't that counter-intuitive to offer an option that doesn't exist? Then not provide any help to someone that gets bit in the behind by this bait and switch?

Login to Me Too

Jennifer223
New Community Member

If PayPal Credit can't be used to make StubHub purchases, why does it come up as an option, or at least notify you before you make the purchase that an alternate form of payment is going to be used?  I made a $600 purchase thinking I could pay it off over 6 months and come to find out it has hit my credit card.  Not happy PayPal!

Login to Me Too

Mrose6853
Contributor
Contributor

I just ran into this issue.  I am not quite sure why you would accept Paypal vs Paypal Credit? 

If I was to use a credit card or bank card, why would I use paypal?  I don't need paypal....I need PAYPAL CREDIT.

So what it sounds like to me is, Paypal needs to change the way they accept things to be billed.  Paypal in of itself is stupid.  Its not needed!  Why would I put an extra layer on a purchase?  Do I gain some sort of protection I don't get from my bank or Credit Card Company?  I mean, I if I get **bleep** on Ebay, yeah sure at that point I could see where it would come in handy....but seriously, if you can't use Paypal Credit for every single transaction you make online, its kinda worthless! 

I can walk into Home Depot and use my Paypal Credit Account...and that is how it should be for 100% of the companies out there.  Otherwise, it really serves no purpose....it did in like 1999...but its becoming an obsolute way of paying for stuff anymore.

So, with that said, I'm done!  I'm not buying another thing with Paypal Credit...and I am gonna pay it off and close it. 

Login to Me Too

Unfadeable
Contributor
Contributor
I just spoke with a rep and they said they aren't currently accepting PayPal credit as a form of payment but you could still use your PayPal balance or a linked debit or credit card. This is messed up because I was looking forward to going to a game here soon.
Login to Me Too

BMoney214
New Community Member

Why does the paypal credit store directory list stubhub on there if you can't use paypal credit to pay for your purchase? I bought Rangers tickets a couple of weeks ago and thought it was paid for with my paypal credit account and then the next day I noticed the purchase was took out of my regular paypal account. Lucky for me I had enough money to cover the purchase.

Login to Me Too

Carrier669
New Community Member
I thought I paid with credit and then without warning paypal tried to deduct the funds from a closed account that got hacked and is now docking me a couple hundred for concert tickets. The worst part is when I called the lady was quite rude. Once again I elected to pay with paypal credit and the tried to use my bank account. That doesn't seem right
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal will sometimes select an alternate payment methods, especially for risky purchases.  Check your PayPal Credit policies for what types of purchases are permitted.  You are involved in a hgh-risk purchase; the safest method is to take the money from bank account in case there is a disupute.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.