Someone Used My Email to Create a PayPal Account - PayPal won't help.

sorenson
Contributor
Contributor

Someone has used one of my secondary emails to create a PayPal account without my permission. I called customer service which promptly forwarded me to a tech support of some kind. They told me I'm out of luck, and they can't remove my email from that account because I can't prove that the email account wasn't just hacked by me. They told me to wait a year, and IF that account is inactive, then they MAY remove it.

This is a little frustrating as it should be enough that I have access to the email account that was used.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sorenson
Contributor
Contributor

Could @PayPal_Adrian@PayPal_Olivia, or @PayPal_Erica offer any advice? I'm kind of at a loss here.

Login to Me Too

sorenson
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone else runs into this. Contact @askPayPal via Twitter. Mention that you are able to see someone elses purchase history via the email account that you own. They closed the offending account and freed up my email. I then added that email to my main PayPal account to prevent it from happening again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.