Seller can not find the refund button after I opened a claim

dosagushi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I recently had the misfortune of opening a non receipt dispute with a seller,

long story short, he is doing the good thing and offering to refund my funds.

He can not find the refund button since it is dispute resolution at the moment.

Is it possible for him to refund my full amount without me opening at as a full blown claim?

Can someone walk me through it, so I can pass on the info to the seller?

If I do open it as a claim will it be bad for his paypal standing? More so than a dipsute just being opened?

thanks !

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Suggest not wasting time, (it's sounds like the seller may be trying to stall for time).

You have 20 days form the date of your dispute to escalate it to a claim.  If you don't do that, PayPal assumes that you and the seller have resolved the issue and they will close the dispute.  Once that happens you cannot reopen it.

Some sellers have been know to simply stall for time knowing that if you don't escalate your dispute to claim, PayPal closes the dispute and it's game over - you won't get your money back.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Suggest not wasting time, (it's sounds like the seller may be trying to stall for time).

You have 20 days form the date of your dispute to escalate it to a claim.  If you don't do that, PayPal assumes that you and the seller have resolved the issue and they will close the dispute.  Once that happens you cannot reopen it.

Some sellers have been know to simply stall for time knowing that if you don't escalate your dispute to claim, PayPal closes the dispute and it's game over - you won't get your money back.

Login to Me Too

dosagushi
Contributor
Contributor

Okay,

thanks.

I will just open as a claim and go from there.

cheers.

Login to Me Too

10000ohm
Contributor
Contributor
He can't find the refund button my butt. You're being taken advantage of. Seriously believe that he can't find the button? Doesn't that sound so stupid?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.