"Unauthorized" dispute

Will12
Contributor
Contributor
A person sent me money ($150) and was well aware of it but opened a dispute saying that it was unauthorized. It was sent through friends and family and he even wrote "thank you" in the notes. I am not selling anything and I don't plan on it. I have had a conversation with him on skype but he is currently not responding to me. What should I do? I emailed support but they take forever to respond and the support didn't even help me. They just told me to contact them when I already emailed them.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Will12

There is no seller protection for friends / family payments as they are looked on as ''gifts''.

So if paypal looks into the unauthorised claim and agrees it was unauthorised (ie the account holders paypal account was hacked and used without his consent) then you would have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Will12

There is no seller protection for friends / family payments as they are looked on as ''gifts''.

So if paypal looks into the unauthorised claim and agrees it was unauthorised (ie the account holders paypal account was hacked and used without his consent) then you would have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Will12
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sure PayPal is able to check the IP address from which it was sent. If they result in the same then I would win is that correct?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Will12

Yes thats true, you should do.

Thats unless the sender of the payment was aware of this and used a mates computer or another wi-fi to send it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Shecat
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is allowing unauthorized payments to be withdrawn from my bank. 4 separate charges. I opened a dispute. 2 days later i checked and they closed it with no reason. The charges came from what says a pre authorized google play. I do not have google play in my authorized list. All they did was try to send me to google. I do not have anything set up with google for any sort of payment. So Paypal is passing the buck when this is their wrong doing. I have read i am not the only person being stolen from via Paypal and google. Are they in this together? Dont they make enough money the have to steal from someone whos rent is short now because of this. I am ready to contact authorities. if paypal continues to ignore me. And i am going to continue to post this complaint unto they fix this. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If the payment was fraudulent then the sender will get it back.  Thre is nothing you can do to claim it was not frudulent; that is between the sender and funding bank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.