Why won't my PayPal debit card not let me withdraw cash from the ATM???

jwathas
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to withdrawl cash using my PayPal Business Mastercard debit card at 2 different ATM machines today and it would not let me.  It told me to "contact my financial institution."  I was not trying to withdraw an amount over my daily ATM limit and I have more than enough money in my PayPal account to cover this.  I really need to get this cash out!!!  Has anyone else ever had this problem?  If so, how do you fix it?  I have just sent an email to PayPal customer service, but thought I'd ask here as well.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Lots of people are having problem using their Paypal business debit card,at ATM and at store.

Some claim if they use it as a credit card ,it goes thru,besides you get 1% cash rebate from Walmart.

But if you want cash at ATM,and it does not work,you have to ask Paypal.

you can ask for a check,it could take a week 

Login to Me Too

jwathas
Contributor
Contributor

Ugh. I really need this cash today, and I need cash specifically!  This is so beyond frustrating that I can't even access my own money that I earned!  I guess I'll have to wait fit PayPal to respond to my email.  I think I'm going to have to rethink using PayPal for payments in the future!

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if you know someone who is going to buy something at the store,you can offer to use your Paypal debit card and take cash from them.

use it as a credit card and earn 1% cash rebate,if IT WORKS !

Login to Me Too

jwathas
Contributor
Contributor

I don't.  I just need to be able to withdraw cash from the ATM with my card as I am supposed to be able to.  I am still waiting to hear back from Paypal.  I specifically need cash.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you need to deal with this problem quick, the last thing you want to do is email PayPal.  Call them up:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/contact/call

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jwathas
Contributor
Contributor

I actually contacted them via their Facebook page and they asked me to send them a private message with my account info, which I just did a few minutes ago and am waiting for a response.

Login to Me Too

jwathas
Contributor
Contributor

They told me that it should work now.  I'll have to try again in a couple of hours.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Cool!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

illumination

I fully comprehend your pain. Same issue here. Bussiness account holder in good standing, I just lost a multi thousand dollar profit by my card also in good standing being declined at the same ATM I use weekly. But I am able to swipe it fine at stores to make purchases. Twice today at two different ATM machines. One machine kept saying "Host/Connection Lost" & then the other machine said "Card Declined". But I was able to make a purchase at store via swiping the card just fine. Paypal really needs to fix this asap!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.