Why can't I issue a partial refund on the PayPal Here App?

Kayley90
Contributor
Contributor

I click on the menu icon

then sales activity

then click on the sale I wish to issue a partial refund

click refund

then it comes up with the total price of the sale and it does not let me alter it.

i have tried on both the android and iPad apps and I am having the same issues.

am I doing anything wrong?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Darren6
Contributor
Contributor

Usually, Paypal operations such as refunding are best done on the actual Paypal website, not the app. Try on the website, and if the problem still persists contact PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If it was a credit card purchase with PayPal Here you should process the refund through PayPal Here.  I just checked on my Samsung Tablet with PPH version 2.8.3 Buld 3294 and I can modify the refund.  Make sure you are at the right transaction from the activity list.  Tap the refund option.  A field is filled in with the full amount.  Below that is a number pad to use to modify the amount.

Login to Me Too

Kayley90
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. Im not sure then why i am not getting the option to give a partial refund because i am doing what you say and all im getting is THIS...

No option to change the amount.

Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Well, you didn't mention that this was not a U. S. transcation.  It may have something to do with the refund regulations for U.K. and EU.  They have complex distance selling regulatations.

Login to Me Too

Kayley90
Contributor
Contributor

Im from the UK. Sorry I didnt realise this is a US forum.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I posted the PayPal Here version number so you could compare it to the one you are using.

I suspect PayPal has a different version for your country.

Login to Me Too

Kayley90
Contributor
Contributor

I am using the same version and build number as you, and i have just checked and its the same app for both US and UK so im not sure whats going on. Ill give them a ring tomorrow then post the solution on here in case anyone else has the same issue.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It might be related to a specific credit card type, just a guess.

I've phoned PayPal suport here a couple years ago and could connect to knowledgeable PPH support techns.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.