Unclaimed payment cannot be claimed or denied

gentdirga
Contributor
Contributor

I have three unclaimed payments that I cannot accept nor reject.  I keep getting error message  "Sorry - your last action cannot be completed" when I clicked "accept" or "deny". The money has been deducted from the buyer and I have delivered the goods and Paypal got my money, which they will keep forever. The customer support has confirmed there is nothing wrong with my account as everything have been verified. This is very frustrating to me. I have called Paypal six times to resolve this problem. This issue has been raised to the IT support, and then to their "engineer".  I never got notified on this issue or any timeline for a resolution and it has been going on for over 2 months. I essentially lost trust in Paypal. I think my next step is to file a lawsuit. If anyone else has this issue, please let me know. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @gentdirga,

Thank you for posting in the community! I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to claim three unclaimed payments.

I don't know if this aspect was looked into, but if you ever receive payments that are in a currency that you do not hold in your account, please click on your balance details, then on Manage Currencies, and add the currency of the payments. This will allow you to accept recent unclaimed payments.

If the payments were in a balance that you already have on your account and your email address is confirmed on your account, it does indeed sound like a technical issue. I regret that a timeline would not be able to be provided for technical issues.

Unclaimed payments are returned to the sender after 30 days. If these payments were sent more than 30 days ago, the buyer has likely received the funds back, and you can request of them that they resend the payments.

For your safety, never send an item if the payment does not appear in your PayPal account with a notice that it is "ok to ship." PayPal cannot compel a buyer to send or resend the payment if the payment is not sent or does not complete.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

gentdirga
Contributor
Contributor

I have been receiving money in USD. I don't have problems with other transactions. So I am pretty sure it is not because of currency issue. Not sure what happened to these 3 transactions. I don't understand why Paypal cannot simply cancel the transactions or push through the transactions, like credit card companies.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @gentdirga,

Thank you for confirming that. If the funds have not reverted to the buyer after the 30 days, then it is almost definitely a technical issue, which would likely be why it's not as simple as pushing a button to return the payment. 

I would recommend reaching out again to support. They may be able to apply an interim solution while technicians are looking into the cause. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.