Scam

Neci22
New Community Member
So I sold a iPhone 7plus. Well I thought I did but they never sent my payment and claimed PayPal over charged their card with $200 and I had to send $200 to get my money back. How do I go about getting my phone back?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Before you send anything anywhere, you should login to PayPal and see that you have actually received the payment. If payment doesn't show up there then nothing has been received. If you have already shipped the phone then police is the only option, PayPal cannot get your phone back. Also if you send money to them all that's going happen is that they have your phone and the money you sent. Contact police. I have said this countless times on these forums, but never ever sell anything expensive and use PayPal, expensive items such as iPhones attract scammers and you are asking for trouble by using PayPal. I live in a small country and I know for a fact that I can find buyer for iPhone 7 and there is absolutely no need to involve PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.