Sales Tax Field in Transaction Details Not Populated

Rumplerrtrrrrrr
Contributor
Contributor

One of the items I sold on ebay today was in-state, so sales tax applied. The PayPal Transaction Details page shows the Item Total and Total amount correctly, with the sales tax included. BUT the field titled "Sales Tax" for the transaction is blank. Having never seen this before, and since I use this field to quickly differentiate at a glance in-state and out-of-state for recordkeeping purposes, I called the help desk. The tech assured me that all looks well on the actual records in the account, but agreed that the sales tax did not show up in the Sales Tax field. He tranferred me to the technical people, where the Transaction Details screen DOES show the tax in the correct field. I was urged to try Firefox, but got the same blank field. The tech concluded that it could be a temporary glitsch that could go away soon. He could not comment on why the first rep could see the field blank and his was filled. I just pass this on so users can be aware of a possible issue in case they rely on this particular field.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.