PNC Bank and PayPal

steph029
Contributor
Contributor

I just setup a PayPal account and added my PNC bank account. It verified and confirmed everything and added the account with no issues. I accepted $10 from an rewards app I use and when I went to transfer the money out of PayPal to my PNC bank account, it would not let the transfer it to my bank.

I called customer service and they stated that they no longer allowed transfers to or from PNC bank due to fraud issue. This sounds a little fishy to me considering PNC is a big national bank. Can anyone else confirm this? I planned to use PayPal for my reward app, but am not going to go switch my long time bank just because PayPal doesn't accept it. I want to veify that I was told correct information before I look into the other money transfer program they use.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

sofrustrated9
New Community Member

The exact same thing has happened to me. It's absolutely ridiculous. I will NOT be using PayPal anymore.

Login to Me Too

dwheeler5680
New Community Member
I know I'm horribly late to the matter, but just a couple of days ago I was able to use PNC. I had it verfied and all over the phone and did the transfer. However, it's only been 2 days at most. So I can't confirm that it has been placed in my account just yet. I was told the waiting period is 3-5 days.
Login to Me Too

cheyward
The same thing happened to me. I am still trying to figure out where and how to receive my money
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

That is strange, I have a PNC account and can withdrawl to it no problem.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sdotjackson8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

You have a PNC bank and can withdraw it now problem. I am having somewhat of an issue as well. I had a refund sent to paypal directly to my pnc card I had paid with through paypal. ON the paypal said it say completed refund. But on the pnc bank side I see nothing....I aksed PNC about this and they said it is in paypals "pipe" still and they have nothing on file..... This may be the wrong place  to put this but I can't find anything else about this topic.... Can you or anyone help me figure this out....is my money just in cyber space haning around??

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Refunds to cards take up to 30 days.  Wait for your next bank statement.  Should be there by then.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BCBG
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone get this issue fixed? I'm having the same issue.

Login to Me Too

Jake_
New Community Member

I use Ebay all the time for buying things and just switched over to PNC as my primary bank. Upon trying to add my new card to my Ebay account, I was greeted with a denial to add card error. I called PayPal and asked why they wouldn't add my card and they told me that they just don't work with PNC, they didn't even give me an explanation as to why. So now I'm stuck, I can't use Ebay, I cant use PayPal, I cant use Uber Eats, or any of the other PayPal enabled service. Needless to say this is ridiculous. Get it together PayPal, if you're going to flat-out deny using one of the top 10 largest banks in America, It would be nice to at least get a little forewarning before I throw away 95% of my purchasing ability online. Guess I'll be using Amazon from now on...

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Jake_

What is the credit card?

If eBay won't take your PNC card, what does that have to do with your PayPal account?

Don't yoru eBay costs go to the credit card on file with eBay?

Can't you just make an eBay purchase with your new credit card?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.