Long Delays in Downloading History

Fastmurphy
Contributor
Contributor

We have been using the Download History facility everyday for our daily tranaction report. In the past week it has started taking far too long to process.  Previously it took under 5 minutes, now it is taking several hours and sometimes much longer.  Sometimes it times out over 24 hours and cancels the request.  This is becoming very frustrating as we update our accounting records daily.

Does anyone have any experience and or advice?

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

Fastmurphy
Contributor
Contributor

I think it may finally be fixed... This morning the reports have run in a matter of seconds!  Fingers crossed that is the end of it.

Login to Me Too

semillas
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, looks good so far.

Had my last download instantly

Login to Me Too

rahobby
Contributor
Contributor

I would say it is a strange coincidence or very bad timing that it got fixed as soon as tax season ended.   Maybe the backlog just vanished?  Thursday, I downloaded the transactions month by month using a different detail report and it was full of duplicates which Paypal is researching!  And the dups were "hidden" since the same transactions showed identically but about 7-10 days apart.  I could have very easily double-counted them if I did look at the file very carefully.    I still have not gotten my log for last year emailed to me after multiple promises and 2 weeks of waiting.  I am trying to download the full year again now and will report back.   My file should be about 2000 rows.

Login to Me Too

rahobby
Contributor
Contributor
I spoke to a U.S. based Paypal manager again eariler today and she said issue has not been fixed and they are also aware of the duplicate record issue I previously reported. Specifically she said the one year file history I requested this morning will fail. However, she was finally able to allow me access to my transaction history and I believe it was technically by FTP. However the records were still only available one month at a time so it was 12 very small files. Too late for me to use and still file taxes on time today.
Login to Me Too

simpleport
Contributor
Contributor

I did a transaction history download on my business PP account on Saturday, The time went back to a few minutes from the prevoous hours it was taking for the last month. So something happened somewhere in PP land. I iwll see about this week's download as well.

Login to Me Too

rahobby
Contributor
Contributor

Clearly it  has not been completely fixed although it only took about 10 hours to get back this "failure" email.

Sorry, we were unable to process your request to download the following log:Jan 1, 2015 through Dec 31, 2015.

The failure may have been caused by an unexpected system error or unusually high demand on our servers.

Please try your download again. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2016 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal PPX000735:9e180d52c806
Login to Me Too

MustBeBonkers
Contributor
Contributor

It's certainly not working in the UK!

Been trying to download for weeks now. An tips on getting it as without it I cannot close our finacnial year?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Mr_Dave
Contributor
Contributor

Stone the Crows!

Turned up to 3 failed download requests this morning in my in-box, so put in another to replace and it turned up within 5 minutes.

They've only gone and fixed it although it took 8 weeks!!!!

My file was all of 400kb and 800 lines of data. Best go submit the late tax return hey?

Glad that its fixed, but truly shocking service from Paypal. Pretty disgusted with how this has been handled with no explanation, apology, eta of fix or even to admit that there was a problem for so long, and simply how long its taken to fix what is a critical problem for many small businesses. I've had to keep batting off the taxman to avoid late fines and estimated my tax liability for the last quarter.

Gone are the days one could rely on Paypal..... I've already been moving my business away from eBay as of late due to the pretty poor service from them (defects/managed returns/buyer orientated stance etc) and onto Amazon. More nails in eBay's coffin if Paypal continue this way.

Login to Me Too

EndUser
Contributor
Contributor

I seem to be experiencing this problem myself - for several weeks I've been trying to download my transactions, only to have them fail a day later with "Sorry, we were unable to process your request to download the following log... The failure may have been caused by an unexpected system error or unusually high demand on our servers. Please try your download again. We apologise for any inconvenience."

PayPal customer services claim no knowledge of any issues - anyone here suffering this again?

Login to Me Too

semillas
Contributor
Contributor

since several weeks no problems.

the csv-file is generated almost instantly

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.