Ebay Unauthorized Purchase Dispute

rtg901111
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I sold a Bape hoodie about 2 weeks ago through ebay, but today I received a email from paypal that the buyer opened the dispute for "unauthorized payment."

I received an email from ebay that the buyer was the suspicious one, but the hoodie had already been delivered to the buyer's address. 

Now paypal has my money on hold and I am very frustrated because it is my first time having a unauthroized payment dispute. 

The case is now under Paypal's review and I am curious if I will be able to get my money back and how long it will take.

For more details,

my paypal account is personal account, not the business one.

I shipped the hoodie to the address on the paypal page (I printed the shipping label provided by ebay, so the address should have been correct)

I do have the tracking number for USPS that says the hoodie was delivered.

My address is US and the item sold was physical.

I also responded to Paypal's request on the tracking number (it was automatically submitted)

Do i seem eligible for seller protection?? I really want my money back

Thank you

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If alll qualifications are met INCLUDING and "OK to ship" on the transaction detail page, then you SHOULD be OK but you'll need to wait for the dispute/problem to conclude.

Login to Me Too

rtg901111
Contributor
Contributor

I don't recall if it was "OK to ship", but the shipping address was "confirmed."

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You should still be able to look at the transaction details.  For limited sales, I always print the page so I have a record of fees for my accounting page.

Login to Me Too

rtg901111
Contributor
Contributor

Well, the transaction details page doesn't say "Ok to ship" now, but the address is still confirmed, though.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

"OK to ship" was required for seller protection before you ship.

Login to Me Too

rtg901111
Contributor
Contributor

Does that mean that I am not eligible for protection? That is so ridiculous. I just can't lose $350 for nothing.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I don't know if the transction detail page would ever change from "OK to ship" to revert back to no permission.  That's why I print the page so I know what was there when I shipped.

You could phone PayPal support and as if there was an "OK to ship" or not or if you just overlooked the lack of "OK to ship". 

It's a critical to know before you ship.  Lacking the "OK to ship" means PayPal has not had sufficient information about the funding or something else.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I just happened to review Paypal terms and agreement last night and under seller protection,unauthorised transaction,yo met both conditions of shiping to the address stated in the email and the item is eligible for protection,there is no 'ok to ship' .

BTW,it does not haev to be delivered,all you haev to do is prove you haev shipped.

go to pay pal now and read for yourself.

If she goes t o her cc and do a chargeback,Paypal or Ebay would have to pay including the $20 chargeback.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Here's the reference to seller protection:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#seller-protection

Furthermore, here's the reference about the "OK to ship" requirement.  The transaction detials page must specifically show that you are eligible for seller protection.

"By accessing the transaction details page in your PayPal account you can determine whether or not your transaction is eligible for coverage under this program."

So you need to review the sales transaction page before you ship.

There are additional requirements for non-delivery claims.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.