Ebay Unauthorized Purchase Dispute

rtg901111
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I sold a Bape hoodie about 2 weeks ago through ebay, but today I received a email from paypal that the buyer opened the dispute for "unauthorized payment."

I received an email from ebay that the buyer was the suspicious one, but the hoodie had already been delivered to the buyer's address. 

Now paypal has my money on hold and I am very frustrated because it is my first time having a unauthroized payment dispute. 

The case is now under Paypal's review and I am curious if I will be able to get my money back and how long it will take.

For more details,

my paypal account is personal account, not the business one.

I shipped the hoodie to the address on the paypal page (I printed the shipping label provided by ebay, so the address should have been correct)

I do have the tracking number for USPS that says the hoodie was delivered.

My address is US and the item sold was physical.

I also responded to Paypal's request on the tracking number (it was automatically submitted)

Do i seem eligible for seller protection?? I really want my money back

Thank you

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

rtg901111
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys!

So, I received an email from paypal that I am "ELIGIBLE" for the seller protection and that I am covered under paypal's Seller Protection policy. 

I got my fund (about $335.00) back into my paypal account, but the buyer AGAIN disputed the charge. 

Now the case details say: "Based on the proof we received, we can't cover this payment dispute. However, we may be able to recover the payment from the buyer's financial institution. It can take up to 75 days to dispute this case on your behalf with the buyer's financial institution. Thank you for your patience while we do our best to help you get your money back." 

I am not sure what this quote means. Am I winning the case or not? 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

where did she file the dispute,ebay or Paypal?

It does not matter as you are protected,but just wonder why not ebay.

EBAY WILL GIVE her 30 days ,unless she has lost her buyer protection on ebay OR  she has done this too often.

Login to Me Too

rtg901111
Contributor
Contributor

He opened the case on Paypal. His ebay account does NOT exist any more. This guy made an ebay account and bought items, including my hoodie, and deleted his account. And he opened a case on Paypal that it was an unauthorized payment. 

Seems like scamming, but don't know what to do.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.