turning Japanese

magnusadder
Contributor
Contributor

So i got an email that entirly in orinatal cuniform from paypal heading over to the paypal site it seem you want to to re-validate my account... how ever ever thing is in chinese even though i have slected us as my point of origin and english as my primary language, help is no help as it s the same the forum is the only thing in english but i have to acess them through via websearch and not the main page... what the deal?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Are you absolutetly certain the email is from PayPal?

I suspected it is a phishing scam.

PayPal isn't going to send an email  with a link to validate your account.  The link is for a non-PayPal site to collect your PapyPal login credentials and take money from your online accounts.

Login to Me Too

magnusadder
Contributor
Contributor

i though so to thats why i didn't click on any link and went straight to the paypal site... everything there is chinese too. if i click the banner up to the page here to leave the forum... i bid english good bye.

Login to Me Too

magnusadder
Contributor
Contributor

hello is anyone listening I would like a reply on  why you site is in **bleep** japinise and is unusable its been over three months!

proof.gif

Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

not japanese but whatever , try to go back to the paypal homepage if you're still login logout first and you'll be back at the homepage , at the bottom part of the page, there's a flag , try changing it to a US flag.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This is Chinese,not Japanese.

log off ,shut down your pc and try again,type in www.paypal.com

Login to Me Too

magnusadder
Contributor
Contributor

this have been going on since the first of the year i am set to the US... i have cleared my cookies **bleep** i am on a toltaly diffrent computer litteraly band spanking new one... what ever was done to my account to set it to an other language was not done by me.

Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

try to logout if the homepage is still in chinese even after logging out it can be an internet provider issue or router problem.

but if it only happens when you login then the problem is inside your account's settings and might need to call customer support.

you can try to login to your PayPal account > Click the gear icon beside "Log out" > In the "Account options" section click Edit beside "Language." > Select your preferred language.

Login to Me Too

magnusadder
Contributor
Contributor

unfortuanatly, when i call the support line i get an automated voice speaking chinease, could not change my account setting my self because my account was locked... this problem has been fixed now by me driving 70 miles to the nearest chinese resteraunt with a lap and a cell and begging the owner for help.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

could it be what you specifiy in your operating system

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.