WHY DO I NEED TO PUT IN A DEBIT/CREDIT CARD WHEN PURCHASING ITEMS WITH PAYPAL

JOHNSLEE1
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS AND I CAN'T EVEN BUY SOMETHING THAT COSTS A DOLLAR WITHOUT PAYPAL ASKING ME TO PUT IN A CREDIT CARD/ DEBIT CARD NUMBER IN CASE OF LACK OF FUNDS.

I JUST WANNA PURCHASE THINGS WITH PAYPAL WITH THE MONEY THATS IN THERE. I DO NOT WANT MY CARDS AND PAYPAL TO BE LINKED.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

stopit
Contributor
Contributor

@myname wrote:

same here!!! I have bought some really exspensive items on ebay useing paypal so why do i need a credit card now? There is a reason i dont have one and WONT get a credit card!

@myname wrote:

same here!!! I have bought some really exspensive items on ebay useing paypal so why do i need a credit card now? There is a reason i dont have one and WONT get a credit card!

I have been using my debit cards for years, no problems, why now did I need a Pay Pal credit card?

I will not pay interest, after this one purchase is paid for, I will not use pay Pals credit card.

Login to Me Too

stopit
Contributor
Contributor

Is any one paying attention?

I will not buy and use Pay Pal credit card. I have used eBay for over 15 years with pay pal using my debit cards.

After the final transaction is over, that is it, no more.

Login to Me Too

stopit
Contributor
Contributor

After a week of fuming I got a conformation letter From GE credit=Pay pal credit, I told them to cancel the card, send me a bill so I could be done with this.

When I get the one bill for my one purchase that went through before I realized what was happening.

I understand the woman who started eBay is going to run for governor of California, HA HA HA HA, not if I can help it.

Login to Me Too

tinariche

I'M GOING THUR THE SAME THING TOO.  EVERYTIME I LOG ON TO MY ACCOUNT; I CANT EVEN FIND THE HISTORY OF MY IDEMS I'VE PURCHASED IN THE PAST.   AND IT KEEPS VERIFING ME FOR MY BANK ACCOUNT.   I KNOW A NEW LAW GOES INTO AFFECT TOMARROW.. ABOUT THE AGE OF 21 NEEDING A CO-SIGNER FOR CREDIT CARD.  I'M NOT 21 THANK GOD.  BUT I HAVE IDEMS TO PAY FOR ON EBAY.. AND I CAN'T PAY FOR THEM KNOW.  I'LL HAVE PEOPLE ON EBABY THINKING  WHAT A JERK I AM FOR NOT PAYING.. WHEN I CAN'T.   JOIN THE CLUB.. OF WHATS GOING ON

Login to Me Too

ackwardsystem

AshtonL

i dont get this at all i sold some stuff on internet but when i try to buy something it says the spending limit is $0.00 like are u kidding me. First of all paypal took 2$ outa what i was paid and now i cant even spend anything like wtf seriously i dont have a credit card or bank account. so can someone help me if they find out the answer to this stupid thing

Login to Me Too

cooperdock
Contributor
Contributor

phil-2-11
New Community Member

i feel you. i wanted to start selling on ebay but they needed my bank info, i tried giving paypal a debit card but it didnt go through,i tried another and same thing. i think they are keeping the numbers and selling them to the mexicans. lol. its just a disappointment that you gotta go through so much BS  trying to make a few dollars in this bad economy.

Login to Me Too

krishawaii

DO NOT GIVE YOUR CREIT CARD NUMBER OR YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!

THESE ARE ALL PHONY PEOPLE WHO WILL **bleep** YOU DRY OF ALL YOUR MONEY.  REPORT EVERY ONE

OF THEM TO SPOOF@PAYPAL.COM IMMEDIATELY.

Login to Me Too

livetoskate
Contributor
Contributor

There are a lot of reason why PayPal needs you to add a credit card or debit card.

1. Seller needs a confirmed address to ship the item to (Seller Protection). PayPal confirms/ validates the billing address with most financial institutions.

2.If you only have a bank account on your PayPal account and the funds is insufficient to cover the full amount of payment, you can only submit the payment into a form of an eCheck (for the full amount)

3. If you only have a PayPal account, no credit cards or confirmed bank account, you cant really make a payment.

PayPal needs info to validate your identity.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.