WHY DO I NEED TO PUT IN A DEBIT/CREDIT CARD WHEN PURCHASING ITEMS WITH PAYPAL

JOHNSLEE1
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS AND I CAN'T EVEN BUY SOMETHING THAT COSTS A DOLLAR WITHOUT PAYPAL ASKING ME TO PUT IN A CREDIT CARD/ DEBIT CARD NUMBER IN CASE OF LACK OF FUNDS.

I JUST WANNA PURCHASE THINGS WITH PAYPAL WITH THE MONEY THATS IN THERE. I DO NOT WANT MY CARDS AND PAYPAL TO BE LINKED.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

myname
New Community Member

same here!!! I have bought some really exspensive items on ebay useing paypal so why do i need a credit card now? There is a reason i dont have one and WONT get a credit card!

Login to Me Too

mypatch
Contributor
Contributor

make life easier.  Get a PP buyer credit account.  It's not a charge card and use it as a scecond source .  It's a pay pal line of credit.  You can pay off the item after.

Login to Me Too

LnM
New Community Member

Reply to "MyPatch" language: "Make life easier.  Get a PP buyer credit account.  It's not a charge card and use it as a second source .  It's a pay pal line of credit.  You can pay off the item after."

Popular financial advisors do not encourage increasing the number of credit cards that one has or uses.

Debt-free is the way to go & we are happy to have cut cards years ago.

Mind you, many bank debit cards are used as "Visa," or "Mastercard." This provides an option for some users

who are not uncomfortable with PayPals changes.

We are also unhappy with the new requirements & will not be relying on PayPal going forward.

There are compromises that one must consider when using our most modern technology when processing financial actions via the world wide web. Yet, using our debit card Visa time & again is not one that we want to consider.

We have recently decided, though we are each young, but senior-level in the technology world for our careers,

to move away from online payments in any case. We are actually going to start driving our utility bills to

the local offices & pay them there...just elaborating on how far we are going with this.

We do plan to communicate with PayPal about our disapproval of the recent requirement. If they are willing to change back to the former process, we will stay.

Remember, the time that we live in is filled with impatience. We are a want it now, have it now - at-all-costs-society.

There are negative consequences to such.

Warm Regards

Login to Me Too

PC_Bob
Contributor
Contributor

Best regards, LnM. I also have an aversion to using a credit card, and in fact we do not own ANY credit cards. Paid them all off years ago and haven't missed them. Cash and carry, that's our motto now. If we don't have the money to buy something we either save up for it or else we figure that we probably didn't need it anyway.

When I began selling on eBay i needed a way to handle the cash transactions, so I opened up a separate, free, checking account which  included a debit card. This account is used ONLY for my online sales transactions and nothing else. It has no connection to my other checking accounts or any other accounts. It stands alone as a strictly business account. There are no limits to the monthly transactions I can perform and I use it only for business. I never even cash a paper check on it and only rarely do I make a paper deposit. It's all done online. I use it for both eBay and Amazon and any other online venue that I need it for. It makes it very handy to have all my transactions located in this one account. ALL of my records are there, easy to keep up with. Now, to PayPal, who wants me to have a different account for each one of THEIR accounts! This is without a doubt the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. I opened this new PayPal account (my second one) as a tentative venture, to see if a different userid might help my sales in the clothing categories. Apparently, it did, as I made my first sale within days of opening it, before I had even gotten around to setting up my bank and credit cards. Had I done that first I would have discovered their stupid requirement and closed it immediately! Now, after making the sales I discover that I can't even get the money, that was PAID by the buyer, unless I open an entirely NEW bank account! THEN, i can close the accounts! Now, you tell me if this is customer friendly? That I can tailor my accounts to work the way that I want to work? There should be a way for me to automatically transfer my funds to my OTHER PayPal account. Then I could run all the transactions through that account. But, NOOO.... It can't be done. It might be a security issue. Give me a break!

Login to Me Too

KT40

How do you look up your PP Buyer credit #?

Login to Me Too

pfannkuchen
Contributor
Contributor

I would be careful with that, because they are ousorucing to India, you know how easy it is over there to get all your information.

Login to Me Too

Neta
Contributor
Contributor

Here's my vote for that too. For me, Paypal lets me do what I otherwise couldn't. So it'll be a big inconvenience if suddenly I need a credit card. 

Sigh . . . nothing can ever be simple . . .

Login to Me Too

bigeye

here, here! I want an answer, and I want it now! I believe it is a crime to be forced into "buying credit" in order

to function when it all boils down to REAL cash at the bottom line. I will not pay someone else so I can use

MY OWN MONEY! what is up with that? Does anybody still believe in an honest business agreement between

two parties? I mean the operative word here is..."agreement!".

Login to Me Too

bigeye

here, here! I want an answer, and I want it now! I believe it is a crime to be forced into "buying credit" in order

to function when it all boils down to REAL cash at the bottom line. I will not pay someone else so I can use

MY OWN MONEY! what is up with that? Does anybody still believe in an honest business agreement between

two parties? I mean the operative word here is..."agreement!".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.