WHY DO I NEED TO PUT IN A DEBIT/CREDIT CARD WHEN PURCHASING ITEMS WITH PAYPAL

JOHNSLEE1
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS AND I CAN'T EVEN BUY SOMETHING THAT COSTS A DOLLAR WITHOUT PAYPAL ASKING ME TO PUT IN A CREDIT CARD/ DEBIT CARD NUMBER IN CASE OF LACK OF FUNDS.

I JUST WANNA PURCHASE THINGS WITH PAYPAL WITH THE MONEY THATS IN THERE. I DO NOT WANT MY CARDS AND PAYPAL TO BE LINKED.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

Chris12345678
New Community Member

Total BS. Making Ebay and Pay Pal insignificant. Was the model of free trade. No more. Sad to see it go.

Login to Me Too

sweet_teddy

yes this is crazy i opened a pay pal account so i caould get stuff off E-bay and now it is wanting a card something i dont like to  do i rather do pay pal alone this is not right this is crazy

Login to Me Too

AD-Advice
New Community Member

It sounds to me you rae not verified, are you? if not verify and all problems should go away

Login to Me Too

LSPP
Contributor
Contributor

Best bet is to steer clear of PayPal. They've been hacked before, and are notorious for taking money from your Banking Account if you've linked them. Plus, they constantly **bleep** people as well. This is NOT a trustworthy company to do ANY business with.Smiley Surprised

Login to Me Too

candjbonding
Contributor
Contributor

I know what ya mean. 5 years my account has been the same. Checking account on the account... Then bam I got to buy something and I get this stupid frigging thing saying please verify your checking account. Um why? I have money from I tems I sold. SO now I am **bleep**ed until I get conformation from the bank. I called customer service and I get this half speaking english woman telling me oh well you must have removed your checking account from our system. Um no I did not. So now I am SOL on the item I was to purchase. Anyone know a better place then paypal?

Login to Me Too

summer1967
Contributor
Contributor

What the h*ll is going on with eBay and Paypal ?? When you go to a store , lets say to buy groceries..... and you use your credit card OR your debit card , it either goes through if you have sufficient funds or it is denied , if you don't. What is so hard about that ?? If you are using your PayPal debit card and you don't have enough money for the purchase in your PayPal account .... then the purchase should be denied and you should grow a brain and check your balance before you buy something. Right ?? That is the way credit cards have been doing it for years and it looks like it has worked very well for them. There is no "BACK UP PLAN" needed. Just DENY the sale at the cash register or online if the account doesn't have enough in it to make the purchase....duh. All this running around and putting in alternate money sources is just a HUGE waste of time and resources. Come on PayPal....we all know you are run by eBay and your the biggest show in town .... you don"t have to keep puffing out your chest , we are already at your mercy. We are all very tired of jumping through the hoops and licking your hand like the big dog you have become. Let us puppies keep our feet on the ground for once. We give up.

Login to Me Too

lpeter52
New Community Member

I have been phished for $149.95 for a call phone I know nothing about.. Do I really need to enter my credit card and all my security info to cancel the transaction?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.