How to fix Error 3005

Mythcats
Contributor
Contributor

If you have been suffering with the vertical multilanguage Error 3005, there is a repair.  Sadly, it is not a joke.  Here's what you do:

I have confirmed the repair for this error:

1. Go to Profile
  2. Add or Edit Bank Account
  3. Under each bank account, there is a "Delete" hyperlink
  4. Click Delete under the top-listed bank account.
  5. Ignore the rhetoric, accept the confirmation, delete the account.
  6. Repeat...
  7. ...and again...
  8. ...for EVERY BANK ACCOUNT YOU HAVE
  9. If you still get Error 3005, you did not follow all the steps in this solution.  Period. 

I am not PayPal, look at my posts, I have been having this problem for MONTHS, I have nothin to hide, no diagnosis to opine and no political interests.  I'm just telling you what finally worked for me.

I too have tried multiple browsers, multiple locations, multiple computers, multiple OSes, two different phones and it comes down to this:

• I used to get Error 3005
  • I Complained.  Loudly.  Everywhere.
  • I got ignored.
  • I used "Send Money" => eBay Items" => through Paypal instead of eBay for every purchase since, and kept waiting.
  • Saw a post here about unconfirmed bank accounts.
  • I deleted an old unconfirmed bank account of mine, thinking I was a dummy for not seeing that sooner.
  • I still got Error 3005
  • I deleted my PRIMARY bank account.
  • Still got Error 3005
  • 2 minutes ago, I deleted ALL bank accounts.
  • I no longer get Error 3005.

It remains to be seen if I'll have that problem again if I add (or re-confirm) a bank account, but I was able to spend my PayPal balance today without issue and through eBay checkout.

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

eatonjdd
New Community Member

I have been having this problem for 3 weeks, they don't have a clue what the problem is.  I talked tso a supervisor, she says its a bug and they have no ETA on resolution.  I order eBay daily and have to jump through hoops, has cost me delays, lost points, etc.  Terrible service

Login to Me Too

clarkr
Contributor
Contributor

I too have had the same problem.  The short term solution is to ask for  the venders email address and send payment directly to them via paypals "Send Money" .  By sending the payment seems to by pass the 3005 error page.  What a time to have a glitch. Good Luck

Login to Me Too

bluejackets
Contributor
Contributor

It's Tuesday - Now at day 6, and the problem continues...

Login to Me Too

sdsurfdog
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. Ebay's support is a joke. Tells me it's a Mac Safari problem. Then tells me it's Mac. Then tells me it's customer traffic and the bandwidth can't handle all the people buying stuff. Then he tells me it's Paypal and that he can't do anything about it. Paypal is worse. I get a form email back telling me to try again. Really? Doesn't Paypal think people "try it again" if they get a page not found error? If anyone finds a solution. Let us know.

Login to Me Too

bluejackets
Contributor
Contributor

It's now been going on for over a week.  It has been such a nightmare - contacting sellers, asking for their Paypal ID, sending money, marking it as paid in EBay, contacting sellers making sure they got my payment, etc, etc, etc.

I called PayPal again yesterday and again got the standard "yea, we know, it's due to high volume, we're working on it..."

I'm not the smartest guy when it comes to computer systems but this can't be just due to "high volume".  I've tried to pay in the morning, late at night, middle of the afternoon, and it's always the same thing.

I still think it's due to the wikileak attacks and that PayPal isn't telling the truth.

And in regards to that other thread on the same subject - PayPal does have a page with status announcements - it says that everything is working perfectly!

PayPal isn't being honest...

Login to Me Too

bigdubba
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having the exact same problem for better then a week . It is now Dec 17th  I just tried yet again for the umpteenth time to purchase something with the "Instant buy" unsuccessfully at 2am in the morning hoping maybe that the time would mean less folks tryin to use the system would mean I might have at least some small success but noooooo!! . I was kinda trying to start up a small home business based on my wife & I's hobbies & in this crappy economy this kind of stuff makes it seem quite impossible !

Login to Me Too

joemama

people... watke up.   PLEASE GET REAL.  why are you willing to spend such a bind blowing amount of your time on this??

go to the store

maybe.... probably not, but just maybe.... ebay and paypal are about to receive just karma.  they dont care about you.. or me... or anyone.  we need to let them know they are nothing without us.

go to the store.  **bleep** ebay and paypal... they'll **bleep** you at the drop of a hat.  do you really want to do business with someone like that???

Login to Me Too

MTZ4of12
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, here's just a quick warning. If you actually set up the Bill Me Later, you may want to confirm that the next time you Purchase something, they don't Default it to the Bill Me Later portion. My father accidentally signed up with that, and overlooked two or three notices about bills, and got hit with some continuous billing charges. To be fair, he's getting a little forgetful, but he also THOUGHT when he was purchasing through ebay and Paypal, it was coming out of his Paypal account and not the Bill me Later portion which somehow became the Default, which if I remember correctly, you have to change in the Settings itself. He had no idea how to get rid of the Bill Me Later. Just a warning. I'm sure some people are happy with Bill Me Later.
Login to Me Too

newmanix
New Community Member

Still having this issue.... its DEC 24th!!

Login to Me Too

bluejackets
Contributor
Contributor

In a lot of ways, I agree with you. 

However, I'm using EBay for specific items - those being hockey cards.  While I do have local card shops available, EBay can't be beat for the selection, pricing and availability for both buying and selling of sports cards.  I've never really understood the buying and selling on EBay of everday, common items which are available right down the street, but for niche items, EBay is perfect.

I'm going to try creating a different Paypal account.  I don't even know if it's possible but I'm going to try.  I've had this account for 6 years and have been a good liitle PayPal user and all I get for it is CRAP.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.