How to fix Error 3005

Mythcats
Contributor
Contributor

If you have been suffering with the vertical multilanguage Error 3005, there is a repair.  Sadly, it is not a joke.  Here's what you do:

I have confirmed the repair for this error:

1. Go to Profile
  2. Add or Edit Bank Account
  3. Under each bank account, there is a "Delete" hyperlink
  4. Click Delete under the top-listed bank account.
  5. Ignore the rhetoric, accept the confirmation, delete the account.
  6. Repeat...
  7. ...and again...
  8. ...for EVERY BANK ACCOUNT YOU HAVE
  9. If you still get Error 3005, you did not follow all the steps in this solution.  Period. 

I am not PayPal, look at my posts, I have been having this problem for MONTHS, I have nothin to hide, no diagnosis to opine and no political interests.  I'm just telling you what finally worked for me.

I too have tried multiple browsers, multiple locations, multiple computers, multiple OSes, two different phones and it comes down to this:

• I used to get Error 3005
  • I Complained.  Loudly.  Everywhere.
  • I got ignored.
  • I used "Send Money" => eBay Items" => through Paypal instead of eBay for every purchase since, and kept waiting.
  • Saw a post here about unconfirmed bank accounts.
  • I deleted an old unconfirmed bank account of mine, thinking I was a dummy for not seeing that sooner.
  • I still got Error 3005
  • I deleted my PRIMARY bank account.
  • Still got Error 3005
  • 2 minutes ago, I deleted ALL bank accounts.
  • I no longer get Error 3005.

It remains to be seen if I'll have that problem again if I add (or re-confirm) a bank account, but I was able to spend my PayPal balance today without issue and through eBay checkout.

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

bluejackets
Contributor
Contributor

While trying to checkout from Ebay, I've been getting Error Message 3005 since Thursday morning.  I have literally tried to checkout over 75  times.  I have used FireFox and IE from 2 differerent PC's, Safari from a Mac, and even tried on my Palm Pre and each and every time I get the exact same error message.

I'm at my witts-end.  I've got 27 items to pay for on EBay.  Going directly to PayPal and using the 'Send Money' - 'Pay for Ebay Items' isn't an option because it doesn't show the combined shipping invoices I've received for my items.

My last option is to just send the sellers money via standard PayPal, but that will likely void any protect EBay offers.

I called PayPal yesterday and they told they were doing some "system updates" and to just keep trying - that was almost 36 hours ago.

I think this is all related to the WikiLeaks attacks but PayPal is doing everything possible to not let the media and the world know how seriously they have been effected.

I am so frustrated.  I've wasted at least 8 hours of my life on this issue that I will never get back.

Can anyone help?  Are others experiencing this issue?

I had an EBay seller tell me yesterday that they normally receive 50 - 60 PayPal payments per day and that yesterday they only received 2!

Thank you for any advice, information or help you can offer.

Login to Me Too

bluejackets
Contributor
Contributor

It's Sunday night and it's still continuing to happen and I'm still unable to pay.

Login to Me Too

monte0
New Community Member

Having the same issue all day sat- sun. Whats going on? Was on hold from Ebay and Paypal seperatly for at least a hour or more! Paypal told me it was ebay problem, Ebay said it was Paypal....This is very frustrating!!

Login to Me Too

bluejackets
Contributor
Contributor

I called PayPal again this morning and talked to a really nice guy.  He did some research and said that he added my name to a list to have the issue corrected.  He said it was a known issue and that they needed to fix it on their end.

I believe the guy was telling the truth.  I only wish the guy I talked to on Friday had been so proactive.

He couldn't give me timeline but said it would get fixed.  I'll keep you posted.

Login to Me Too

musiclover
New Community Member

perhaps thats the issue I've been having for the past week.  I keep trying to buy an item off of ebay and when I tried to complete the order it tells me there is an error with my account.  I've been trying on and off for the past week.  I emailed paypal to ask what is going on with the account.  Haven't hear back yet.  Anyone having these same issues in the past week? 

Login to Me Too

Udontsay
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto for me yesterday & today, I have ebucks & want to use them. Have tried numerous ways, I did get to one point @ pay pal site put in my ebuck # & then it displayed that I have to go thru eBay to use the coupon #. Have spoken to eBay who then connected me to papal who then put me back to eBay. There is a way to pay thru Paypal,log in and go into send, you then add merchants email address & amount & then enter pay thru Paypal, you will go on the merry go round of "message 3005" if you keep trying to pay thru eBay. But I refuse to loose out on my ebucks, I've earned them so will not pay until I can do it thru the eBay site! I am kind of leery now cause I had to link bank account, confirm credit card and have tried to pay over 50 times, The seller I'm trying to pay may get my life savings in his account! I've tried to remove bank info, it did not work for me. There is something strange going on & all I can say is that no one in the Philippines knows the answer, as nice as they were they were clueless, I wonder what they were doing while I was on hold for numerous times & then when I was off of hold she was speaking Filipino in my ear while she reconnected me to eBay & I most likely ended up speaking to the girl on the other side of the room for Paypal. So wish I taped all these conversations, so frustrating yet pretty amusing! 4 computers & different web browsers, no go! Call the eBay toll free number, they at least have a prompt to get to Paypal...Don't waste your minutes or time!

Just tried again cause now I'm obsessed to get this done, not getting the "message 3005" , but goes to Paypal window & says " Sorry---your last transaction could not be completed..Goodnight!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi bigdubba and Udontsay,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I know that you want to use your eBay bucks during the redemption period. I've received other reports from people affected by the 3005 error that when they try to redeem their eBay bucks on a purchase through Send Money, that they get the same error. I want to assure you that we are working to get this resolved.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Udontsay
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Olivia, I got this resolved today, another two hours of my time on the phone and computer. I was lucky due to my persistence & obsession to get this taken care of, I was redirected from an eBay rep. Somewhere outside of the US to a PayPal rep. that was located in the US, she helped me as much as she could and later I was connected to a product & site support rep. who solved my problem. It's hit or miss when you call eBay or PayPal where your call will be routed, anything outside the US is really a waste of time. PayPayl should advertise their toll free number since encountering this problem I know I'm not the only one having this issue with paying eBay through PayPal and using my eBucks. You are able to Google the number now but it is not a guarantee you will end up with a rep. in the US. Pretty ridiculous!
Login to Me Too

bluejackets
Contributor
Contributor

So the only way I've been able to get around this issue is to use the "Bill Me Later" option. 

So far, that has only worked once.  I've tried to use it again but 75% of the time, even that seems to timeout or I get a different error message.

I really hope someone who knows what is going on within PayPal will reply.

All I'm trying to do is use PayPal's service here to pay a couple hundred dollars.  I'm not asking for that much, am I?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.