How to fix Error 3005

Mythcats
Contributor
Contributor

If you have been suffering with the vertical multilanguage Error 3005, there is a repair.  Sadly, it is not a joke.  Here's what you do:

I have confirmed the repair for this error:

1. Go to Profile
  2. Add or Edit Bank Account
  3. Under each bank account, there is a "Delete" hyperlink
  4. Click Delete under the top-listed bank account.
  5. Ignore the rhetoric, accept the confirmation, delete the account.
  6. Repeat...
  7. ...and again...
  8. ...for EVERY BANK ACCOUNT YOU HAVE
  9. If you still get Error 3005, you did not follow all the steps in this solution.  Period. 

I am not PayPal, look at my posts, I have been having this problem for MONTHS, I have nothin to hide, no diagnosis to opine and no political interests.  I'm just telling you what finally worked for me.

I too have tried multiple browsers, multiple locations, multiple computers, multiple OSes, two different phones and it comes down to this:

• I used to get Error 3005
  • I Complained.  Loudly.  Everywhere.
  • I got ignored.
  • I used "Send Money" => eBay Items" => through Paypal instead of eBay for every purchase since, and kept waiting.
  • Saw a post here about unconfirmed bank accounts.
  • I deleted an old unconfirmed bank account of mine, thinking I was a dummy for not seeing that sooner.
  • I still got Error 3005
  • I deleted my PRIMARY bank account.
  • Still got Error 3005
  • 2 minutes ago, I deleted ALL bank accounts.
  • I no longer get Error 3005.

It remains to be seen if I'll have that problem again if I add (or re-confirm) a bank account, but I was able to spend my PayPal balance today without issue and through eBay checkout.

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

cornerstore
Contributor
Contributor

I'm another now affected by this message.  The last item I paid for through eBay checkout was on Thursday December 16.  The error started on Friday and has continued all weekend.  I spent time on PayPal phone customer support about 30 minutes Friday.  Another 30-45 minutes on eBay chat Friday night, and 30 minutes back with paypal tonight.  The only thing I can think of that changed between Thursday and Friday is I set up my bank info with paypal to pay off my newly opened paypal credit card account.  Dopey me.  I've arranged with several eBay vendors to invoice me through paypal (as suggested by the very helpful eBay c.s. rep, who also told me I'd still earn eBay bucks while doing this.  WRONG!  Dopey me, again).  Not the end of the world.  Just time consuming and frustrating.

Login to Me Too

ljujubee
Contributor
Contributor

Ugh!!!  Having the problem for 3 weeks & counting.  I, too, have to go through the Paypal pay for ebay items tab.  My recently purchased Buy it now item won't show up on the list of ebay items to pay now. Fawk!

Login to Me Too

clarkr
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal I hope you are taking note of the clients that have been having payment problems.  We shouldn't have to  jump through extra hoops to use your service.  It's hard to imagine a company of your size can't get this glitch fixed, It been three weeks since I noticed the problem with my account. 

Login to Me Too

SoSorry4Uall
New Community Member

Hi Everyone!

After reading 100's of the most negative feedback I have ever seen in one place, I will exhaust EVERY possible alternative to PayPal and Ebay. I was ready to start production on a item for sale. Had all my ducks in a row, just needed the fullfilment/cash flow part. It is now OBVIOUS neither of these financial giants, and mental pygmees, cannot, or will not give a hoot about anyone, for any reason.

I do not have time to:

• check whether orders have appeared
  • wait 21 days b4 my funds are cleared (if ever)
  • spend hours on the phone or in chats to resolve PP/EB created glitches
  • subject myself to the annoyance, frustration, and constant mental anguish that by no fault of my own, my business may tank.

To add insult to injury, the mediators (or henchmen) who reply defending PP/EB's position exemplify the utter lack of empathy, concern, problem resolution, and human awareness emblematic of the companies they protect.

To you I say 'thanks for being transparent in showing the true colors of PP/EB'. You have convinced me to move on where I thought I had it all wraped up. I'm sure PP/EB will be overjoyed your conflict resolution manners cemented my decision to likely never do business here.

To the unfortunate victims who posted all your sorrows and misshaps 'a HUGE thanks for keeping me away from such pain' , and I hope somehow it all resolves in your favor someday.

Merry Christmas!

Login to Me Too

Bob123
Contributor
Contributor

same problem here.    have been for months.  talked to ebay and paypal reps.  no help what so ever.    really anoying me.   something has to be done.....

Login to Me Too

TimNevo
New Community Member

I've been having the same problem, right after I added a bank account to become verified.... So I deleted the bank account and now I don't get the error anymore.

DELETE BANK ACCOUNT!

Login to Me Too

begall2360
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting the same error message was able to make payment for 1 item but have unsuccesfully been able to pay for my other 2

Login to Me Too

Mythcats
Contributor
Contributor

I have confirmed the repair for this error:

1. Go to Profile
  2. Add or Edit Bank Account
  3. Under each bank account, there is a "Delete" hyperlink
  4. Click Delete under the top-listed bank account.
  5. Ignore the rhetoric, accept the confirmation, delete the account.
  6. Repeat...
  7. ...and again...
  8. ...for EVERY BANK ACCOUNT YOU HAVE
  9. If you still get Error 3005, you did not follow all the steps in this solution.  Period. 

I am not PayPal, look at my posts, I have been having this problem for MONTHS, I have nothin to hide, no diagnosis to opine and no political interests.  I'm just telling you what finally worked for me.

I too have tried multiple browsers, multiple locations, multiple computers, multiple OSes, two different phones and it comes down to this:

I used to get Error 3005

I Complained.  Loudly.  Everywhere.

I got ignored.

I used "Send Money" => eBay Items" => through Paypal instead of eBay for every purchase since, and kept waiting.

Saw a post here about unconfirmed bank accounts.

I deleted an old unconfirmed bank account of mine, thinking I was a dummy for not seeing that sooner.

I still got Error 3005

I deleted my PRIMARY bank account.

Still got Error 3005

2 minutes ago, I deleted ALL bank accounts.

I no longer get Error 3005.

It remains to be seen if I'll have that problem again after I add a bank account, but I was able to spend P:ayPal balance funds without issue, like it was 2005 all over again.  Oh boy, them wuz g00d thymes, wow, y'all.

Come on.  Seriously, E-Pay-Pal-Bay is on auto-pilot.  If I had a wesbite where my customers' incomes dropped even 1%, thereby cutting off 3% of that 1% (my cut), I would hire an army of college kids to fix this bug as fast as possible.  Even if that cost a MILLION DOLLARS, it would have to be cheaper than all the lost revenue they'll keep missing out on until they get this fixed.

And to think all they have to do is TELL PEOPLE to do this for the time being.

Oh well.  If it wasn't for Error 3005, I would never have learned about ProPay, or Netspend, or Moneybrokers, or WorldPay, or any of those, so I guess all I can say is "Thanks, PayPal !"

Login to Me Too

Linaki
Contributor
Contributor

I just used this fix and it worked.  I deleted an unconfirmed bank account that I never had any intention of using anyway.  I was going to use the "send money" option next but it was an extra $21.65 to use that option.  What a SCAM!!

Thanks so much for the fix. 

Login to Me Too

bigdubba
Contributor
Contributor

I did your fix & still get message 3005 !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.