How to fix Error 3005

Mythcats
Contributor
Contributor

If you have been suffering with the vertical multilanguage Error 3005, there is a repair.  Sadly, it is not a joke.  Here's what you do:

I have confirmed the repair for this error:

1. Go to Profile
  2. Add or Edit Bank Account
  3. Under each bank account, there is a "Delete" hyperlink
  4. Click Delete under the top-listed bank account.
  5. Ignore the rhetoric, accept the confirmation, delete the account.
  6. Repeat...
  7. ...and again...
  8. ...for EVERY BANK ACCOUNT YOU HAVE
  9. If you still get Error 3005, you did not follow all the steps in this solution.  Period. 

I am not PayPal, look at my posts, I have been having this problem for MONTHS, I have nothin to hide, no diagnosis to opine and no political interests.  I'm just telling you what finally worked for me.

I too have tried multiple browsers, multiple locations, multiple computers, multiple OSes, two different phones and it comes down to this:

• I used to get Error 3005
  • I Complained.  Loudly.  Everywhere.
  • I got ignored.
  • I used "Send Money" => eBay Items" => through Paypal instead of eBay for every purchase since, and kept waiting.
  • Saw a post here about unconfirmed bank accounts.
  • I deleted an old unconfirmed bank account of mine, thinking I was a dummy for not seeing that sooner.
  • I still got Error 3005
  • I deleted my PRIMARY bank account.
  • Still got Error 3005
  • 2 minutes ago, I deleted ALL bank accounts.
  • I no longer get Error 3005.

It remains to be seen if I'll have that problem again if I add (or re-confirm) a bank account, but I was able to spend my PayPal balance today without issue and through eBay checkout.

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

gah
Contributor
Contributor

Can you provide any information on this issue? How many people are being effected? Is it all customers?

Are you close to a resolution?

How about any information you can provide?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi gah,

I'm sorry that I don't have any concrete dates of repair to give to you. I assure you that it's being worked on as swiftly as possible. We want you to be able to use our system without any impediment. Fixes can't be applied to a large and complex system like PayPal's until they've been thoroughly tested to make sure that there won't be any unforeseen effects. It would definitely not be good to fix one problem only to create others, right? I promise you that it is a high priority. I'll let you know when I have more information to give.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Mythcats
Contributor
Contributor

Terrific.

So my reward for pointing this out--for giving your "engineers" something to go on--is that now I'm unverified and have limits on my account?  Thanks.  Thanks a lot.

Oh, wait, there are MORE rewards?  WOW!

What a deal: NOW I get to be "unverified," so while some 0-feedback thug gets my payment for an auction I won, I can't have an open claim against him because I'm unverified?  He gets to keep my payment but I'm not entitled to the item I paid for?  I LOSE Buyer protection?

Excuse me?

Someone needs to fix this.  If this is really PayPal, you have my contact information.  Call me, re-verify me, do whatever you need to do to put my account back where it was.  I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO LIFT A FINGER, and if I do, take a wild guess which one it'll be.

Right this second, my eBay/PayPal account is utterly useless.  You have basically said, "**bleep** up a rope, you unverified unhelpful unknown un-user.  Your eBay feedback is unimportant to us, we would rather give a 0-feedback newbie your money and say it's your fault for being unverified."

YOU KNOW who I am, and I calmed your users down when nothing else worked.  I don't feel entitled to a reward, but HOW DARE YOU think you're entitled to injure me.

FIX IT!  Give me back my money!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Mythcats,

I really am from PayPal, but this forum is for general information and discussion. For account-specific support, Customer Solutions is the right group to contact.

As far as being unverified goes, I can definitely understand the frustration involved in the status suddenly switching like that. The fact is that there were accounts that did not have the requirements on file to be verified anymore, but the verified status did not clear off at the time that the verifying information expired or was removed. The system has updated and made the status accurate on multiple accounts. It definitely wasn't intended to be an evaluation of your history with us. Long-term standing and a good history with PayPal is not something that can be effectively evaluated by a computer. Verification can be, and is the safest general measure for ensuring that we have enough information about every customer to protect the safety of transactions throughout PayPal.

If you call Customer Solutions, they can take a look at your account and see what the swiftest and easiest resolution is for you. I'm confident that there is a solution.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

na337
Contributor
Contributor

k i had the 3005 error code.  but now its fixed .this is all i did (by frustration but it worked lol) when i went to change my payment to credit card instead of paypal ez pay or what eva it is.it would show error after .when you get the error press backspace then it will go to the screen where the option was.(and it actually changed  it to creditcard) then press send .then youre done. so basically when you get the error code press backspace to go to previous page then send the money. and paypal DO SOMETHING TO HELP THE CUSTOMERS.

Login to Me Too

vadinsmom
New Community Member

I am also having the error 3005 problem.  Has this not been fixed yet?  My problem just started a few days ago.  I did not have issues back in January and such like others.  Mine has just started.

Login to Me Too

OCF
New Community Member

I do not have a bank account set up through PayPal, so I cannot delete the links some of you are talking about. Olivia responded in January, I've purchased items since then, and never got this message until today. Hello! Fix your ish! It's been months. *&(%&*(#*))#(@!!

Login to Me Too

agravated1
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting a error 3005  on paypal whenever i try and pay for items on ebay. it has been this way for over a week now and i have items that need to be payed for. I tried deleting my bank account in paypal and still not working .

Login to Me Too

agravated1
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried this numerous times even adding new cards and still does not work. Guess I need to call paypal to get some help from them. Thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.