HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

tbone0106
Contributor
Contributor

You're kidding, right? I quote you:

Paypal was able to expand the coverage from 3 xountries to the entire world because of this hold policy - all the sellers benefitted tremendously from that.

PayPal was able to expand worldwide, but the SELLERS were the ones who benefited? Are you serious? You don't think that maybe PayPal made a dollar or two on the deal?

I am an admirer of profit. It is the sole reason I list my merchandise on Ebay, as it is yours. I don't kid myself as to the motives of the people and institutions I deal with. Maybe you do.

But I won't entertain ideas that tell me that PayPal instituted the "hold" policy for any reason whatsoever other than that -- PROFIT. I can accept it and hate it at the same time.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal was able to expand worldwide, but the SELLERS were the ones who benefited? Are you serious? You don't think that maybe PayPal made a dollar or two on the deal?

I'm really not concerned if paypal made money or not - everybody's got to eat.

However, you weren't here when the old system was in place.

Shipping to Australia was an absolute risk - you couldn't allow them to pay by Paypal because you'd be wid open for a claim even if you had signature delivery.

Russia?  The Balkans?  Europe?  They were all the same.

Now, I an ship anywhere in the world and, as long as I've held up my end of the bargain, my payment is guaranteed.  It's a tremendous advantage.

Two months ago, I shipped a $350.00 order with $300 shipping cost to Spain - never gave it a second thought.  I absolutely could not have done that before.

I am an admirer of profit. It is the sole reason I list my merchandise on Ebay, as it is yours. I don't kid myself as to the motives of the people and institutions I deal with. Maybe you do.

If you truly "admire profit", then you must realize that EVERYBODY's got to eat.  That includes ebay and that includes Paypal.  They're just better at it than you and I are.

I do not begrudge fair compnsation to people that are helping me to make money.  ebay's and Paypal's fees are in line with the normal percentage for finder's fees that have been inforce for more than 50 years - 15%.  They are cheaper than Amazon.  They are heaper than merchant banking by a country mile.

And they do a good job for me because I read and follow the instructions.

Login to Me Too

ocpoolman2000
Contributor
Contributor

How wrong can one moron be.  You are truely a mental midget.  Here is a link telling the truth about PayPal practices:

http://www.paypal**bleep**.com/ 

PayPal alternative link:  http://www.merchantinc.com/

With a Real Merchant Account, your funds are directly deposited into your personal or business bank account, which you control and which is also protected by Federal Banking Regulations.

With PayPal, your money is deposited into a PayPal Account, which PayPal Fully Controls. Since PayPal is NOT a bank, they do not need to follow federal banking regulations. These regulations are designed to help the "Average Joe" avoid issues like having their bank account frozen for weeks or months with no explanation.

"Who would trust their money with a bank that could do that?"

Sadly, Paypal routinely freezes its customers' accounts for almost anything and without warning. Once an account is frozen, the funds are often held by PayPal for months on end with Absolutely No Recourse for the merchant.

Login to Me Too

Dontlikeitman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

ocpoonlan2000, was that reply of yours aimed at me? I just want to know before I going jumping someone that  wasn't talking to me like that with the first part of the top of your reply. The rest of it I understand fully though. 

Plus has everyone notice how paypal monitor certain words. I have an idea here that I think will help ocpoolman2000 out with some things that he posted. 

h

t

t

p

/

/

w

w

w

p

a

y

p

a

l

s

u

c

k

s

c

o

I don't think they can censor that kind of typing.

Login to Me Too

ocpoolman2000
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You for the info.  I replied to the bleep before I saw your reply.

Login to Me Too

Dontlikeitman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

No problem man.  just trying to help out a follow upset person.

Login to Me Too

ocpoolman2000
Contributor
Contributor

It was not aimed at you!!!  I thought I was replying to the mental midget's post:  surplusdealdude   Sorry about the mixup

Login to Me Too

Dontlikeitman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Oh okay then ocpoolman thanks for clearing that up for me.  I understand where you are coming from. Half of me feels the same way like you do. 

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
OK I have been involved  with this issue of holding funds since January and I am going to vent then leave.  I have better things to do then listen to the Dude spout out his version of the truth.  I have not disclosed this before for but I am a contract lawyer. I have repeated  that my funds are not held simply because my funds are never held-by the terms of the user agreement my funds can not be held as I am in the money market.   I believe in the class action and that ultimately there will be a settlement. Will it be major funds=no not at all but it just may change the way PayPal does business.

Don't contact me for I have had enough of being a cheerleader.

Au revoir
femsol

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to no one~.”William Shakespeare
Login to Me Too

Soonergirl
Contributor
Contributor

@femsol wrote:
OK I have been involved  with this issue of holding funds since January and I am going to vent then leave.  I have better things to do then listen to the Dude spout out his version of the truth.  I have not disclosed this before for but I am a contract lawyer. I have repeated  that my funds are not held simply because my funds are never held-by the terms of the user agreement my funds can not be held as I am in the money market.   I believe in the class action and that ultimately there will be a settlement. Will it be major funds=no not at all but it just may change the way PayPal does business.

Don't contact me for I have had enough of being a cheerleader.

Au revoir
femsol

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to no one~.”William Shakespeare

I thought you were a contract lawyer!  I am a former legal assistant (for the largest law firm in Oklahoma) and I knew by the way you write that you know what you are talking about.  Only lawyers know what you wrote and I knew from my previous law firm experience that you are the "real deal."

Thanks for your input regarding this issue.  Too bad others didn't realize the truth in what you wrote.  Of course, I wish you would not leave this forum but you have to do what is best for you.  I'm sure it is very frustrating trying to help others with this issue only to have things twisted and thrown back at you as inaccuracies.

Thanks again and best wishes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.