HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

DIANN
Contributor
Contributor

MANY OF YOU MAY NOT AGREE WITH WHAT I THINK, BUT AFTER EVERYTHING THAT IS GOING ON, COMMON SENCE SHOULD TELL YOU THAT IS NOT ABOUT FEEDBACK.  THAT IS JUST  WHAT THEY USE FOR A REASON.  IT IS ALL ABOUT MAKING INTEREST ON THE MONEY THAT THEY ARE WITHHOLDING. IF YOU ARE A GOOD BUSINESS PERSON, YOU WOULD NOT SEND OUT MERCHANDISE WITHOUT GETTING PAID FOR IT UNLESS YOU ARE BIG ENOUGH TO SELL ON CREDIT.  THESE BIG COMPANIES ARE TAKING OVER, & WE ALL JUST SIT & TAKE IT.  WHERE DO YOU THINK THIS COUNTRY IS GOING. IT IS ALL ABOUT BIG BUSINESS MAKING ALL THEY CAN WITHOUT REGARD TO THE CONSUMER.  JOBS ARE GOING OVERSEAS FOR LESS MONEY, WE ARE BORROWING MONEY TO BAIL OUT BANKS WHO RAISE OUR INTEREST.  CONGRESS GETS PAY RAISES FROM TAXES & WE CANT HAVE COLA FROM OUR MONEY. I DO BELONG TO ORGANIZATIONS WHO ARE INVOLVED IN DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THESE PROBLEMS.  WAKE UP PEOPLE, COMPLAINING DOESN'T DO ANYTHING EXCEPT LEAVE OFF STEAM.  GET INVOLVED WITH DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THE PROBLEM.  WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS ILLEGAL.  TALK TO MICHAEL MOORE. 

Login to Me Too

Julia1234
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, I agree totally!  It's always in the back of my mind this building of lively-hoods with so many people depending on so few.   Free market, yeah, but with a big ominous catch.  BTW I was all "yeah, yeah, he's right"  as I read yor post but then I saw you site Michael Moore?  He's for more of this, not less.  It's a corporate & GOVERNMENT blending that is so scary.  Corporations on their own are much more limited.  (But we could argue the details on where to draw that line on that 'till the cows come home'.   🙂   Check out Glenn Beck instead.

Login to Me Too

ladyintuition28
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having problems wit the same thing right now. So here is an idea how about I don't send the product, because I'm not sending something expensive to a customer, who has paid but because paypal is  a **bleep** company, I can't have my money? My rating a pretty good, so what is the deal?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@ladyintuition28 wrote:

I'm having problems wit the same thing right now. So here is an idea how about I don't send the product, because I'm not sending something expensive to a customer, who has paid but because paypal is  a **bleep** company, I can't have my money? My rating a pretty good, so what is the deal?

If you don't send the item, the customer will complain, which puts another hold on the funds until the dispute is resolved, plus you get a black mark on your selling record, which may lower your visibility in search.

Do it twice and your selling account may be restricted.

If you want to sell on ebay, you follow their rules.  Same with Paypal - it's that simple.

Login to Me Too

brentsawyer28
New Community Member

Ok so let me get this straight...because i am a new user and do not have a high feedback score my funds are being held? So I am about to send a $3700 dress which sold for $75 to a complete stranger and the funds wont be available until the buyer thinks the item is ok? So if he doesn't he can damage it and say it was damaged to begin with and I am just SOL? This will be the last time I use Ebay for selling or buying! This is a complete joke. Is there any protection for the sellers who are just hoping and praying that the buyer doesn't just change their mind damage the item just to get their money back?????????Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Winona
Contributor
Contributor

You got it. You also have to wait and hope the buyer leaves you feedback. Crappy stuff going on... Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

petrey7726
Contributor
Contributor

BECAUSE IT IS A BUNCH OF B.S. THEY LIKE TO MAKE IT HARDER ON PEOPLE. I SPENT HALF MY PAYCHECK SO I WOULDN'T HAVE UPSET CUSTOMERS. WHAT IS WORSE IS I GAVE A REFUND TO A LADY IN CANADA (30$ TO SHIP SHOES) AND THEY TOOK THAT $ OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND OVERDREW IT. PAYPAL IS NOT THE BEST!!!!  I'M STILL WAITING EVERYTHING MAILED EXCEPT MY RECENT 4 ITEMS. AND 100% FEEDBACK ???

Login to Me Too

sincere2die4
Contributor
Contributor

do paypal hold funds if i sell on other sites besides ebay..?

Login to Me Too

Winona
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure. I heard it was only ebay. What other sites do you sell on?

Login to Me Too

sincere2die4
Contributor
Contributor

currently im not selling on other site like ebay yet but i seen them. im checking out overstock.com, amazon etc. i just want to if only ebay doe this. customers get the product but the sellers dont get their money. my item been delivered and i got positive feedback. 3 days been past and my funds still pending

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.