HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

trezurcollector
Contributor
Contributor

what's up with paypal...I sold items like I have 500+ other times and now I have to wait to receive funds?? that doesn't make sense!!! when I sell an item it's a binding contract and the money should be available immediately...if I don't ship the item and can't prove it was shipped/delivered then we all know that Paypal has capability to after due process to remove funds from my attached checking account which is verified... so what does it matter to them?? plus they make these changes and don't send an e-mail explining it is ridiculous!!

Login to Me Too

woodenteeth
Contributor
Contributor

Well so far I don't see any answers on this topic. What gives? I have the same situation going on right now. Never got a negative feedback ever since the beginning of my eBay account over 10 years ago, listed an item, buyer is complaining that they paid, on my end eBay says still need payment for an item(and of course down below there is the hour glass) telling us paypal is "processing the payment" I thought well maybe they are waiting for the bank check or something to clear but I just confirmed from buyer they used credit card and it is on there credit card but I don't even see anything listed on my paypal account regarding this.

I let the buyer know that if I get a negative feedback over this I will never sell again with eBay.

It really was always a time consuming headache to sell on eBay. So if I do get a negative feedback over being a good honest seller than good riddens to eBay and Paypal.

Login to Me Too

woodenteeth
Contributor
Contributor

Well that was a quick resolution. Paypal is A. OK in my book. My problem was that I hadn't done ebay in awhile and I guess when I was looking at items I said hey I have that I could sell and chose the "sell one like this option" and missed that they had an old email in there for my account.

Technically, I think this is eBay's fault since my email is updated on the actual eBay account I think they should have updated the old email address that was stored in the sell one like this option so long ago but anyways I am golden now.

Buyer will be happy as I am sending the product today and I gots me my money............yeah baby!!!

Go ebay!!!    Go PayPal!!!

Live and learn.............live and learn.

Login to Me Too

gabec420
Contributor
Contributor

everyone is having the same issues, and no one has any answers, so hey paypal workers- what do you have to say about it?????????

Login to Me Too

gabec420
Contributor
Contributor

I have called both ebay and paypal over it, I have no negative feedback and a great selling record btw, and ebay said it was paypal policy not theirs, ebay has me as a good seller so its paypal! nice how when you call or email the person you talk to has no idea how to help and gives you the run around, I really am done with paypal, is there another company I can use?

Login to Me Too

therealjustin
Contributor
Contributor

I received the payment hold email a few days ago too. I guess maybe because I recently bought and sold a few items after not using eBay for a couple of months?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

I'm just popping in with a reminder that posts containing profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, disruptive, or hostile comments, interpersonal disputes, or threats of violence will be edited or removed.

We appreciate your participation on the boards and we want to ensure that everyone can express their opinions in a friendly environment.  I know payment holds are frustrating but please don't post personal attacks or insults against other community members.

Learn more about our community guidelines here:

Community Help Forum Policy, Guidelines and Forum Decorum

Thanks for your help and participation! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

Frank I understand everyone needs to cool down abit but when your lively hood is at stake it matters. Your lively hood is NOT at stake. I know it really isnt paypals fault but in our user agreement that everyone signed I have yet to read that a third party can have access to our accounts & put "Holds" on them. Paypal was supose to be looking out for MY interest not the third party's. I did not give anyone permission to hold my funds. The quicker you separate Ebay from Paypal the better off you will be. You cannot keep letting ebay run paypal. I dont care if they own it. Business is business & you are not taking care of business now. You are letting Ebay pull the strings & it is really making you look bad. Everyone here in this board has not been given any reason WHY there funds were being held? No complaints filed, all at 100% rating. Why? Listen to what the PEOPLE are saying! There are 530 pages of complaints on this matter. Why is ONLY Ebay that is holding funds? I've used paypal in other sites no problem. Ebay is the problem & you (paypal) needs to let Ebay know they cant use you like this. Unless you want the government to come crawling up your behind with investigations & lawsuits. Ebay is going to loose alot of sellers for this. Do you want to go down with them? I am the only one on this board that is NOT blaming Paypal. Why because I know there is a bigger power controling Paypal. Ebay!

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@whyte66angels wrote:

Frank I understand everyone needs to cool down abit but when your lively hood is at stake it matters. Your lively hood is NOT at stake. I know it really isnt paypals fault but in our user agreement that everyone signed I have yet to read that a third party can have access to our accounts & put "Holds" on them. Paypal was supose to be looking out for MY interest not the third party's. I did not give anyone permission to hold my funds.

I love it everyone assumes I am a paypal employee until an actual paypal employee shows up and they try to rip Frank apart.

To your ridiculous post, did you not read the user agreement at all?!  Or even the few sections related to this just two posts before?  Really I am asking you, are you blind or illiterate?  Cause there it is, black and white, you did give paypal permission to hold your funds, stop playing dumb and trying to dispute that fact.

You can come up with a legitimate argument but "I NO GIV NO PAYPALS NO PERMISSSNS TO HULD MY FUNDZ" isn't going to cut it

Login to Me Too

makdknife1
Contributor
Contributor

Sure they can hold you funds for good reasons.  Are you a robot?  I can write a letter saying anyone can put a bullet in my head, I give them permission to, go down to a notary, have it notarized and give it to the police department.  A signed authorization for someone to murder me.

Now...if someone murders me, does that notarized note I gave to the police to hold, giving my permission for someone to murder me automatically make my murder not a crime?

Start living in the real world, and you do work for PayPal whether you know it or not...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.