Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

Aromaworks
New Community Member

Hi, its March 16 at 4:39PM PST and I have tried 3 times to pay (over the last two hors) for a Buy It Now item.  Ebay says the item is mine waiting for payment, but paypal gives the error message which includes something like "please wait 30 minutes before trying again to avoid duplicate payments."  Then the invoice finally came and I tried paying that way - nope! Error message!  (This is the first day I have ever seen it. Also when I go to Paypal from Ebay, the paypal screen looks a little different than last week.

Someone is trying to justify there Job by making unnecessary changes? 

Login to Me Too

aitracingxmiata
New Community Member

im also having the same problem my ebay account has gone to **bleep** becouse of this crap ive always payed right after i click buy it now but now thanks to this bull that they think is so great they messt up my ebay account ive had for a long time i think after reading all the threads im done with ebay an paypal forever GOODBYE PAYPAL THANKS FOR MAKING MY EBAY ACCOUNT CRAP !!!!!!!!!!Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

greasemonkey
Contributor
Contributor

I too got turned down at paypal. It wants Me to link to My checking account because I spent over 10,000. Which is bull! The reason is if You get ripped off at Ebay You have no recourse to get Your money back if it is taken straight out of Your account. Believe Me I know I lost over 300 when a crooked ebayer took Me to the cleaners. And Paypal will do nothing. So since I am over My limit, I now will be using other sources for the items I need. So Adios Ebay and Paypal.

Login to Me Too

RoiStallion
Contributor
Contributor

Hey greasemonkey, I feel your pain. I have lost thousands through Pay Pal, because the Ebay/Pay Pal resolution center reps, will wait 30 days from the date you send payment for an Ebay item, that you never received, to finally take any action. Then, they tell you to contact the seller again, and offer the merchant one more chance to send the item. The seller says it will take about two weeks, and you inform Ebay of what the seller told you. Two weeks later, when you contact the resolution center and tell them that you still have not received the merchandise that you paid for. They tell you: "Sorry, but it has now been 45 days since the listing ended, and you sent payment. Your time limit to resolve the case has expired!" No Refund, no resolution and no Ebay Buyer Protection! Both Ebay and Pay Pal make Billions from our internet transactions, and they can't even back up their Buyer Protection Guarantee? Well, I just tried paying for my final Ebay item that I won the bidding on, and same issue (Your request could not be processed at this time)! So, I tried my little trick again, and did not let the final page in the transaction load completely, and hit the "Make Payment" button, while there was still 10 items remaining in the page load process. Success! My Pay Pal payment was processed, and the Ebay Seller will give me good feedback, as my 100% positive rating will stay intact. I do not think this trick will work all the time, and Pay Pal Andy can still kiss my (you know what)! Your new Security Program is a joke Andy, and if this issue persists, I know that you will lose thousands of customers. So tell the Pay Pal CEO that these frustrated customers will not just simply go away. There will be serious repercussions for your inability to handle this problem. Pay Pal needs to offer compensation to all of us dedicated customers, or possibly even future discounts and or gift certificates...if you want to keep us as your customers. Otherwise, I will launch a huge publicity campaign to help all of these poor frustrated customers, find legal solutions and much better service with your competitors.

Login to Me Too

ozzyyears
New Community Member

I am also having the same freaking problem and I am totally **bleep** off!

So if that is no BUG, if its (lets call it) a FEATURE, can you please tell me exactly in my case what the **bleep** is wrong?????????

I ve used paypal countless times with the same data, delivery address, credit card...so now what is wrong?

Login to Me Too

barrettjanes
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley Very HappyYOUR METHOD OF PAYING ONE VENDOR AT A TIME WORKED.

Thank you a million times over!

Barrettjanes

Login to Me Too

gussmo
New Community Member

Same problem here refused my card over over that I have used here before please explain TTY gussmo

Login to Me Too

dre41450

Is anyone going to fix this anytime soon?! hello! youre loosing members here! this is getting really frustrating Smiley Sad

if anyone is able to fix this or finds out how, please let me know asap, thanx.

Login to Me Too

Lionheart

I've got the same issue =( is there any way it can be fixed through the site, I dont have access to a phone right now =(

Please help!

Login to Me Too

Gilligan
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a simple t-shirt on ebay. Went to pay by clicking the "Pay now" tab and went to the next page  only to find when I clicked the next tab to continue on I get an error message "sorry we could not compete your request at this time." It is error code 11068    Ebay won't allow me to pay and going to Paypal I get a different error message saying "An error occured while processing your pay for ebay." Paypal tells me to go back  to ebay and neither site will allow me to pay. I called ebay, the sent me to Paypal. The Paypal guy was irritated I was sent to him. He let me know he had 10 minutes until a smoke break and he was having a nicotine attack.

This guy told me I needed to change both my ebay and Paypal passwords and that would resolve the issues. It's not my issue or my problem and Paypal should admit they are having problems. I've tried to pay around 20 times in various ways and nothing. I will contact the seller and get there Paypal address and hopefully I can pay them direct. Paypal is a big business making billions of there customers. They care about profit and making there shareholders and themselves money. They have to say they care about there customers. If they really cared they would issue a statement on there site on the title page explaining what is going on. They figure the less there customers know the better. I didn't like ebay/Paypal before and this is reason number 105 why they stink....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.