Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

fauvely
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to make a payment on an ebay item and paypal keeps giving me error 10417. Basically, it won't let me pay. I've made tons of payments using paypal and I've never had an issue before. 

Has anyone else had this problem? How do you get solve it? I only have one credit card so I can't just add another one.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

dentuxa
New Community Member

Ever since last night I keep getting the same error message when I try to pay the item I purchased:

We were not able to process your payment
I've read that some people had this issues because either that had an invalid credit card or they've exceeded the available ammount which isn't my case. My credit card has been registered in ebay and validated also I've used it before, and I am nowhere near my limit value.
  •  What's happening?
Login to Me Too

dddgti
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue for me when I try to pay via Ebay.

Error Code #10417 

I also found this thread, no solution so far.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay-and-PayPal/Error-Code-10417-Your-request-could-not-be-proce...

Login to Me Too

sktucker
New Community Member

I am responding to the other people who are having this issue.  I have tried several times but still no luck in completing my payment.  The seller is new to eBay, could this be the issue??

Login to Me Too

tlbunch
New Community Member

Yeah I just had this happen to me and I was trying to pay an item to use my ebay bucks before they expire. Now I don't know what to do.

Login to Me Too

Ettanking112
Contributor
Contributor

Im having this problem for a week now , what should i do, i would like to buy my items allready !

Login to Me Too

Thilak
Contributor
Contributor

i too facing this problem.. i have won the item auction, but i can't able to make payment.. please fix this error..!!!

Login to Me Too

clayton0645
New Community Member

I ALSO believe I have been having the same problem!!

I used to JUST use paypal for online stuff. The money i sent and recieved....was just too & from my PAYPAL ACCOUNT BALANCE. I never messed with any transfering to and from my bank account/card, etc.

I already have a credit card on file, same one it always has been (mastercard), just because paypal needed to verification of some sort. NOW everytime i try paying for items off of ebay or the xbox.com or ANY other online store....it will bring me to the paypal login page to pay & once logged in, it asks to Link a new debit or credit card for instant payment (THOUGH it states & shows that there is already 1 active card on file already!.....so why is it asking for another??)

When i type in the information of my card already on file...it states that card is already in use on my account. WHY am i all of a sudden needing to add ANOTHER card? When to be honest....i only have my ONE credit card in the first place.....now what?

I have seen posts from people that have their bank account and 1-3 different cards linked to their paypal & it is STILL asking the same thing!! 

Is it some sort of glitch?? (as ive seen in some threads & website forums)

WHATS THE DEAL PAYPAL!??....your supposed to be the "safer & easiest way to pay online".... seems lately there has been this same issues with tons of other users. People are losing business & others are getting extremley frusterated with being unable to pay for items they commited to buying! ....if the problem is some glitch...id rather not have my money & personal information in jeopardy of that! Im on the verge of closing my paypal..along with amny others ive seen!

Login to Me Too

RoiStallion
Contributor
Contributor

O.K.- I have been using Pay Pal to pay for my Ebay purchases now, for ten years! But, this Error code # 10417 is really getting to me, and I will possibly tell Ebay and Pay Pal both, to kiss my *ss...if they can't fix this problem, within 72 hours time! From what I can see, according to all of these posts on this topic. This problem has been going on now, for over 45 days! This forum will not even let me post a comment or reply to the original 10417 error topic! So, I had to start a new thread, just to post my comment. Phoning customer service is useless and the solution they recommend, by simply logging into your account and send the funds manualy, for your ebay items- Does Not Work Either! I have worked very hard for all of my ten years on Ebay, to keep my feedback rating at 100%. That means that I always pay for my itmes in a very timely manner, and always leave super positive feedback for other members. But, at this present time...I can't even use the (Buy it Now) option, and purchase a single item on Ebay. These items are being sold to other members(I don't know how!), and the listings are being closed. So, I am losing out on purchasing items I desperately need or want, and this Fracking 10417 Error is causing me a ton of grief! My guess is, that WikiLeaks is hacking both Ebay and Pay Pal...and all of us members are paying the price for this attack. Fix this issue now guys, or you will lose me as a member, and I will make sure to talk everyone else away from your services!.........Period!

Login to Me Too

NoLimitBg

I have the same problem.

I`m not so sure where is the problem, but i really lose more money and time.

Please fix it , because my clients and paypal sellers and buyers will open cases, will put negative feedbacks and etc.

I hope to help me REALLY ASAP!!!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.