Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

Hegeac1

But it's a bit strange? I have been buying things from ebay many times without problems... Why do I have a problem now?

I've sendt mail to the sellers now to send me an invoice on my paypal so I can pay from there! Maybe that will work? 

Login to Me Too

nanasv
Contributor
Contributor

It´s def strange, I´ve been using paypal on ebay for about a year and it has never happended... the attendent said it was not a case of lack of funds or anything like that, so i figured it was a problem during the system checkout (since my connection was very unstable yesterday), but it may not be the cause, anyway, contacting them should probly unbluck ur account! hope it never happens again, it´s quite stressful =/

Login to Me Too

Hegeac1

Have the same problem here!!!

Login to Me Too

justjulia
New Community Member

Dear Paypal,

You **bleep**!!! Please get with the program. And forget calling the "help" line. It is in India and they will tell you that it is Internet Explorer's fault. And, you can't use the newest Mozilla with PayPal because that doesn't work either. I think monkey's run the show at PayPal. I have used Paypal for YEARS without a problem and suddenly, Paypal doesn't play well with IE 8 or anyother browser for that matter. I am just glad I am trying to buy something and that I don't actually rely on business payments from you.

Login to Me Too

Jensen-DK

Same problem here. I have tried Firefox, IE8, Opera browsers.

Login to Me Too

madazafish
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, for some reason the details of a very old debit card was the only card registered with Paypal. Updated my card details and all was well. I really don't know how paypal could be successful debiting my account using card details from an old card.

Lol . Why am I not surprised !  The spell check dictionary doesn't recognise paypal !! Oh well, hope this helps someone.

Login to Me Too

Rhawnievon
New Community Member

I have been shopping thru ebay using PayPal for almost a year now and have never had a problem. I was sent a refund of almost $300. last night and when I needed to return the monies or part of it anyway my payment method was denied. I spend in excess of $600. a month on ebay and now I can't even make a payment to the people that I have bought from. I have worked hard to keep my buyer profile in good standing and now this is really messing me up. I found directions for this error but it will be a royal pain in the **bleep** to pay 7 or 8 people this way. HELP!!!!!!!! Please fix this problem!!!!

Login to Me Too

hildeniro
Contributor
Contributor

I'm attempting to purchase an item from Canada however, when I get the the "confirm payment" stage I get rejected and sent an error stating: "Your request could not be processed at this time"... What's going on?

Login to Me Too

DM_1999
New Community Member

Hi, i've only experienced this problem in the last week or so after many successful payments via PayPal. Not sure as to why this is one is different and receiving this error msg. Looking at the many posts here, i can't see a fix as yet(?) unless i missed it amongst the 43 pages of responses......

Cheers,

Login to Me Too

rbernat
New Community Member

the same problem here

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.