Phone number to call for help?

Barb59
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone give me a telephone number to PayPal Help??

Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

Joy1934
Contributor
Contributor

@profdata wrote:

The toll free number is for Premier and business accounts.

Yes, profdata, I'm aware of that. I stated that in my first message.
---Joy1934
Login to Me Too

wnettles
Contributor
Contributor

I need to send Paypal some detailed information, in writing, however, they failed to list a contact email address on their web site for Customer Service.    Is there such a thing as "customer service" at Paypal?   Can't find an email addy for them......

Login to Me Too

TDrake
New Community Member

Try this link https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab  There is an email form you can complete and an toll free number.

Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Delano
New Community Member

I cannot believe PayPal does not have a toll free number listed on the website. I had to pay for a call to resolve an issue. Yet, I can call my credit card company and bank with an easy-to-find toll free number. The rep I talked to (someone I could hardly understand had to keep saying, "Please talk more slowly and distinctly.") gave me this number *removed by mod*. I had to ask him to repeat it 4 times before I could finally get it. Good bye PayPal!!!

mod edit: number removed. PayPal has multiple customer service phone numbers.  Visit www.paypal.com/contactus and click "Call Us" to reach us by phone.

Login to Me Too

lyoung123
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have paypals phone # ?. I tried to get it from the help link, but its not working. Thanks

Login to Me Too

wnettles
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to send an email to Paypal to CLOSE MY ACCOUNT, I get the online version of "Peggy" from Paypal, in the form of "Sarah" (I guess they had to change the name to protect the guilty), but, no customer service.   What else could I expect from Paypal's "Peggy"?   Anyone got any ideas how to contact an actual, live human being using email?

Login to Me Too

kayahudson
Contributor
Contributor

I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a number to CALL PayPal....where the heck is it?

Login to Me Too

kayahudson
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem....you CANNOT contact PayPal.  My items I'm selling are being paid for but it keeps saying the "Payment is being processed by PayPal"....now I can't even find a phone number to CALL them.  When I try to check on the status of the payment, it says the item number is invalid....WTF???

Login to Me Too

phand21
Contributor
Contributor
What most of you need to realize is that if Paypal makes their phone number too available, they open themselves up to excessive phone calls that could have easily been answered with the slightest amount of research. Think about it - keeping call centers staffed, providing training for employees, etc is not cheap. Have any of you ever worked in a call center? I'm willIng to bet that over 80% of your questions could be handled by using the tools on the Paypal site. It is much more cost effective for them to provide tools to answer most general questions than it is to post the phone number all over the website and telling customers to call with any questions. Paypal has over 100,000,000 customers. Wouldn't you think they'd try to do their best to cut down on phone calls when they have so many accounts to service? If every customer were calling Paypal with general questions that could easily be resolved, they'd have to charge more for their services, which you'd all complain about. Sure, some questions are very specific and deserve a live agent's attention. However, many questions on this board could easily be resolved by just using the tools that are in place. Have you even TRIED to find the phone number? I'm convinced that you haven't. All you have to do is log in to Paypal and click Contact Us. Really - it's that simple.
Login to Me Too

jasoncaskey
New Community Member

If they have 100,000 plus .Then they can afford a toll free number,a huge calling service,and post it everywhere.I would make sure that everyone Knew the correct number instead of the guessing game.There is no excusses for that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.