Pam Geller / Atlas Shrugs

paul7903
New Community Member

Inform us when PayPal has been reinstated for Pam Geller / Atlas Shrugs so that I also can continue to use PayPal.  I cannot use a service that restricts my access to only Islam / Moslem friendly sites.

Login to Me Too
268 REPLIES 268

furious

Ms. Geller may be feisty,  but she is fair minded,  works hard for Muslims who are abused and/or who are killed by

honor killings  (did you see how she went to bat for Rifqa Bary?  Did you see all the trouble she went to for the teenager who was killed in Ontario by her father and brother for not wearing her headscarf at school?   She went to a great deal of trouble to see that the girl was given a touching memorial,  as her family and the Muslim community refused to even have her buried with a headstone?).

This is AMERICA!!   The land of free speech,  ESP. on blogs,  and when you don't pull your services from pro-jihadist sites,  I really have to doubt your patriotism.  You're discriminating...  why?

I will not be using PayPal again,  either,  unless and until you reinstate Ms. Geller and her very educational,  well-written and well investigated blog,  "Atlas Shrugs".   And I believe you owe her an apology.  

What are you,  a Sharia'h-compliant financial service?  If so,  you're free to leave America;  we have a Constitution and a Bill of Rights here and millions of us have died to defend everyone's right to speech.

Login to Me Too

Bass
Contributor
Contributor

"Ms. Geller may be feisty,  but she is fair minded,  works hard for Muslims who are abused and/or who are killed by

honor killings  (did you see how she went to bat for Rifqa Bary?  Did you see all the trouble she went to for the teenager who was killed in Ontario by her father and brother for not wearing her headscarf at school?   She went to a great deal of trouble to see that the girl was given a touching memorial,  as her family and the Muslim community refused to even have her buried with a headstone?)."

If it was up to her from the very beginning, all of these people wouldn't have gotten a permit to migrate to America in the first place. But as soon as she finds one opportunity to bludgeon her enemies with such a "cause", she immediately grabs hold of it. She really wouldn't care that much about these people if it didn't give her a platform to smear teh eeeevul moooslimbs. Where are all the peaceful, caring and loving Muslim families in her worldview? If all you read is her wretched blog, you'd think no such thing exists. If I started was a blog that raved on and on and on about the eeeeevul Americans, reporting on nothing else than the most corrupt politicians, dispicable criminals and acts of violence, while trying to sell that as typical American values and scoffing at the myth of the peaceful American, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

Quite easy to disprove, yes. But so is Geller. No real Muslim in their right mind would ever associate themselves with or support that woman. Anyone with a sense of dignity should know why.

And everyone willing to leave for the shrieking harpy's sake: Go already. You're still just a fringe group. PayPal will do very well without you.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@furious wrote:

Ms. Geller may be feisty,  but she is fair minded,  works hard for Muslims who are abused and/or who are killed by

honor killings  (did you see how she went to bat for Rifqa Bary?  Did you see all the trouble she went to for the teenager who was killed in Ontario by her father and brother for not wearing her headscarf at school?   She went to a great deal of trouble to see that the girl was given a touching memorial,  as her family and the Muslim community refused to even have her buried with a headstone?).

This is AMERICA!!   The land of free speech,  ESP. on blogs,  and when you don't pull your services from pro-jihadist sites,  I really have to doubt your patriotism.  You're discriminating...  why?

I will not be using PayPal again,  either,  unless and until you reinstate Ms. Geller and her very educational,  well-written and well investigated blog,  "Atlas Shrugs".   And I believe you owe her an apology.  

What are you,  a Sharia'h-compliant financial service?  If so,  you're free to leave America;  we have a Constitution and a Bill of Rights here and millions of us have died to defend everyone's right to speech.

This makes a good argument for closing Geller down, actually.

as her family and the Muslim community refused to even have her buried with a headstone?

Many Muslim communities do not errect gravestones - it's impractical to errect a gravestone in the sands of the desert, where many Muslims have had to bury their dead.  Ms. Geller simply imposed her standards on a culture that doesn't share them.

when you don't pull your services from pro-jihadist sites,  I really have to doubt your patriotism

The Paypal associated was terminated as the result of a complaint - paypal doesn't act on its own.  If you know of other hate groups, report them and paypal will take a look.

Since your definition of a hate site is unlikely to be the one the rest of the world shares, however, be prepared for paypal to disagree with you.

Apparently, you have no idea what a sharia-compliant financial service is, likely thanks to people like Ms Gellen.

Your understanding of the Bill of Rights is equally flawed.

Login to Me Too

DJM
Contributor
Contributor

@surplusdealdude wrote:

as her family and the Muslim community refused to even have her buried with a headstone?

Many Muslim communities do not errect gravestones - it's impractical to errect a gravestone in the sands of the desert, where many Muslims have had to bury their dead.  Ms. Geller simply imposed her standards on a culture that doesn't share them.

The headstone Geller helped errect was in CANADA. How many deserts are in Canada?

The victim was killed in an HONOR KILLING. Part of an 'honor' killing is to wipe out all memory of the victim - to completely remove the "stain" she placed on the family, which includes wiping out the memory of her.

(FYI, she was killed for refusing to wear a headscarf. But I'm sure you see nothing wrong with that...)

Her family - the very people who killed her - didn't want a headstone because it would remind all those who saw it that the young girl did exist. Pam Geller, along with hundreds of people who contributed (mostly through Paypal, ironically) wanted to make certain this innocent young girl was never forgotten, and remind civilized humans that she did matter.

Dude, you are in no position to lecture anyone on "getting facts" and "understanding" anything. This is the second time I've had to correct you for YOUR erroneous 'facts'. Like Paypal, you think you know what Atlas Shrugs is about, yet you can't even get basic 'facts' straight.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@DJM wrote:

@surplusdealdude wrote:

The headstone Geller helped errect was in CANADA. How many deserts are in Canada?

The victim was killed in an HONOR KILLING. Part of an 'honor' killing is to wipe out all memory of the victim - to completely remove the "stain" she placed on the family, which includes wiping out the memory of her.

(FYI, she was killed for refusing to wear a headscarf. But I'm sure you see nothing wrong with that...)

Her family - the very people who killed her - didn't want a headstone because it would remind all those who saw it that the young girl did exist. Pam Geller, along with hundreds of people who contributed (mostly through Paypal, ironically) wanted to make certain this innocent young girl was never forgotten, and remind civilized humans that she did matter.

Dude, you are in no position to lecture anyone on "getting facts" and "understanding" anything. This is the second time I've had to correct you for YOUR erroneous 'facts'. Like Paypal, you think you know what Atlas Shrugs is about, yet you can't even get basic 'facts' straight.

Yeah bud, I know it was in Canada - it happened 50 miles from my place.  I remember reading about it in the papers.

But we in Canada don't shove our ideas about how burials should be done down other throats.

It wasn't HER business to dictate how other cultures should mourn their dead.  It's not yours, either.

Her family - the very people who killed her - didn't want a headstone because it would remind all those who saw it that the young girl did exist

You don't know that and Ms. Whats-her-name isn't a reliable source.

Login to Me Too

DJM
Contributor
Contributor

surplusdealdude wrote:

Yeah bud, I know it was in Canada - it happened 50 miles from my place.  I remember reading about it in the papers.

You apparently DIDN"T know since you thought it had to do with a desert...
Or maybe you were just hoping no one posting here would know any better...

surplusdealdude wrote:

'Her family - the very people who killed her - didn't want a headstone because it would remind all those who saw it that the young girl did exist'

Actually, I DO know that, because unlike you, I have taken the time to learn about islam and the practice of 'honor killings'.

Yet ANOTHER instance of Mr. surplus "get your facts straight" dealdud failing to understand the facts in the matter or anything about Atlas Shrugs.

Just some advice, 'dude', with every comment, you make it so obvious that you know very little about Pam Geller, her website, or any of the topics she covers on her website. Do yourself a favor - stop posting until you've done a little real research. You're making yourself look very ignorant and clueless.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@DJM wrote:

@surplusdealdude wrote:

You apparently DIDN"T know since you thought it had to do with a desert...

Perhaps you should brush up on your reading skills - I did not say that.

@DJM wrote:

@surplusdealdude wrote:

'Her family - the very people who killed her - didn't want a headstone because it would remind all those who saw it that the young girl did exist'

Actually, I DO know that, because unlike you, I have taken the time to learn about islam and the practice of 'honor killings'.

Yet ANOTHER instance of Mr. surplus "get your facts straight" dealdud failing to understand the facts in the matter or anything about Atlas Shrugs.

Just some advice, 'dude', with every comment, you make it so obvious that you know very little about Pam Geller, her website, or any of the topics she covers on her website. Do yourself a favor - stop posting until you've done a little real research. You're making yourself look very ignorant and clueless.

I've seen the topics she covers on her hate site - always  presenting the negative about Muslims, never a balanced picture.

She's Rush Limbaugh in drag.

Login to Me Too

gramgram
Contributor
Contributor

To Furious

You have read my mind.  My feelings exactly!!!!!!!  I'm sick and tired of this stupidity!  This great country was founded by immigrants who left their homeland behind, started a new country and became proud  and contributing Americans.  It was not founded by lazy freeloaders who demand we govern and live by their birth country's policies, traditions and laws.  Hopefully we have not slept past the point of no return.

Login to Me Too

chumlywalrus

I have been one of the lucky users of PayPal that has never had a complaint about using it.  With the attempt to censor the Atlas Shrugs web site I will no longer use PayPal until such time as 1.) The ban is lifted; 2.) PayPal begins uniformly enforcing its policies to ALL groups that are alleged to be behaving badly.  PayPal has the right to conduct business with who it will as do individuals like me.  GPal dot net will be my choice until this impasse is resolved.

Login to Me Too

Annette12345
New Community Member

I won't be using PayPal anymore until this is resolved. That includes my Paypal credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.